Membership Pending

I joined a group but membership is still pending, it turns out the group has not been active for over 3 years and the moderator has not been online in that same time. I can't delete my request to join the group, anyone with some insight?

This topic was edited
RE:Membership Pending

I have the same problem. I tried to join a group that requires approval, but the moderator apparently is not active on here anymore to approve my request. It shows up on my "Group" list, but I can't access it and I can't take it off. I can't get in & I can't get out of it.

This post was edited

The only way is to see when the group mod was last on line as long as the mod isn't hiding behind a private profile and if not on this site for a time not bother to join the group. There are some groups which I will like to join but they are good as dead and the mod isn't on this site now. To me all groups should have at least 3 mods to stop this happening and if one leaves this site the other 2 can add another one.

This post was edited

I have a similar problem in that I have an outstanding request to join a group which has an active moderator but my request is not showing up so I cannot either join or leave the group.
It is particularly frustration as it continually features in my list of groups which i have joined and which have new posts.

This post was edited