Shaving at the Gym

Who shaves nude at the sink in the locker room?
I rarely shave at the gym, but when I do, I am nude with my towel on the edge of the sink.
In both my present and prior gym, the majority wear underwear or a towel to shave, but I am not the only one to do it nude.

This topic was edited
RE:Shaving at the Gym

I normally don't shave at the gym. More convenient to do it at home and not have to bring the supplies.

I assume you are talking about your face, right?

This post was edited

I normally don't shave at the gym. More convenient to do it at home and not have to bring the supplies.I assume you are talking about your face, right?

Same reason that I rarely shave at the gym.
Face - Yes. Never shave anything else at the gym or home.

This post was edited

I do shave at the gym after a steam room session, i found that I am not the only one, I have seen guys putting lotions and body creams so i think shaving in the sink is less of a problem.

This post was edited

I do shave at the gym after a steam room session, i found that I am not the only one, I have seen guys putting lotions and body creams so i think shaving in the sink is less of a problem.

One odd thing I sometimes saw at my old gym was men who would stand by the sink nude and apply body lotion and then wrap in a towel to shave. Why bother covering at that point?

This post was edited

I used to be responsible for the overall upkeep of a gym. I cleaned, re-racked weights, changed lights, etc etc. The one thing i HATED the most is people shaving in the locker room. Sure, you can shower and use the sauna, but shaving is something that should NEVER be done at a gym! DO. IT. AT. HOME. It's disgusting when men have their beard or even chest or head hair in the sink!Be as liberal as you want at the gym but PLEASE save the shaving for home

If someone goes to the gym in the morning and is going straight to work, would you suggest that they shave first even though they probably would not shower?
Wouldn't it be better to just ask the members to clean up afterward?

This post was edited

I would never shave somewhere like the gym and not clean up afterward. I typically shave in the shower, everywhere on body that I shave!

This post was edited

I used to do it all at the gym but that was many years ago. Back in the 80's, my wife and I were members of Holiday Spa. I'd get home from work and we'd head to the gym for about 90 mins. Afterwards, we'd run errands so getting cleaned up was a must but even if I went alone, right after work, I still cleaned up after my workout.

Took my clothes off and shave naked at the sink, went into the shower and wash my body and hair. I'd dry off and return to the sink area where they had hair dryers and I'd blow dry my hair ... still standing naked along with a few other guys that did the same thing. These young guys that have such hang ups with seeing other guys naked or being in close proximity to naked guys are just ... weird!

This post was edited

I'm like Doug, shave in the shower, as well as brush my teeth and floss. Been doing it for years. It' so much easier and relaxing. I have a no-fog mirror on the wall.
At the spa, they provide razors. Most do it sitting down on the stools in the Korean style showers. Some shave their heads there as well and some will shave all their hair. Goes right into the floor drain.
I'm not a fan of people leaving their stubble in the sink.
People should at least clean up!
Lee

This post was edited

I have thought about shaving nude but I wear my underwear when I shave only because I will be standing there for a while and dont need some idiot to start something.

I also clean up after I shave since I think it is messed up to leave the sink a mess. I shave my face at the sink and the rest of my body in the shower and yes I make sure I clean up the shower too. If people just cleaned up it would not be an issue. Yes I go to work from the gym since it is the only time I can get to the gym.

This post was edited

To answer the original question, yes I shave my face nude while standing at the sink at my gym. I swim at Colorado Mesa university where the non-students share a locker room with the students (non-team members), and I feel a little self conscious shaving nude, but that is only because I am a smoothie and know that is not the norm. But no one has ever questioned me about that. I do get looks, but I attribute that to today's culture. Why in the hell has this generation become so sensitive about the nude human body? Don't answer that, it was rhetorical.

If i shave or do not shave, I ALWAYS clean up the sink thoroughly. I may leave it a wet mess, but their is nary a hair in sight. On a few occasions, I do shave my private area in the shower, but only because it is a private stall with curtain. I would not do it in an open shower like we had back in high school.

For full disclosure, I will wrap myself in a towel while walking back to my locker. I dont think anyone would appreciate seeing my cock on eye level as they are trying to get dressed/undressed.

Don

This post was edited