RE:Nude church

Simply the prevailing mindset tying nude in with lust, professed christians afflicted with that error, nudity is thrown in the sin basket along with lust, without stopping to consider that the old book actually condones nude as part of the original perfect state of man. And the final restored perfect state. I am a christian with no posibility of reverting to anything else, (because ive seen massive proof in multiple unrelated areas that its the only valid thing there is to belive in ) but i also understand that most of christianity has massivly misrepresented God and its own profession ever since shortly after the apostles time. So dont look at the evil that professed christianity has perpetrated and blame the source. Blame the falling away instead. Based on Bible teaching, nudity should be irrelevant. Even beneficial at times. Thats why i am good with it. As for nude church i attended once at naturist resort. Id do it regular if it were avalible. And i end up being music maker almost wherever i go.

This post was edited

Very much absolutely positively yes to that. I saw a news feed on a nudist church service in the states. Only cant remember where exactly. It was awesome and liberating to watch

This post was edited

Yes. I would like to do it.

This post was edited

I'm thinking it would be an idea for a church camp, or retreat. To rid yourself worldly possessions and connect better with God. Without making it seem like so kind of cult of coarse.

This post was edited

so what happens if you yawn in church, or cough, everybody ignores it, or should. you sit on a towel anyway, no different than if you had clothes on in that respect.

Normal things are just that, normally ignored as part of life. And our nude selves should be just as normal.

This post was edited

I don't see why not. Unfortunately where I live many Christians take a very dim view of social and public nudity, thinking it's disgraceful or sinful or is 'a bait for fornication' as one youth pastor said to me when I was in my early 20's and was trying to get a Christian nudist young adult's group together back in the early 90's. The church hasn't changed much since then, but has gradually started reassessing its position on LGBTIQ people though.

This post was edited

White Tail Nudist Resort in Ivor, Virginia has a non denominational church service every Sunday morning at their white chapel. The pastor and the church has been on the news and can be found on the internet. Services are in the nude/ clothing optional. According to the newest newsletter, the church is gearing up for Vacation Bible School in the summer. People interested in learning more about White Tail Chapel. They can be found on Facebook. John

This post was edited

As most here know, Protestant Evangelicals believe in the bodily resurrection of all those who are Christians, with "incorruptible" bodies (Paul in 1 Cor.), thus the "Rapture".

Well, imagine this: What if, during a nice, long, fancy church service, rather than bodies being raptured, the clothes were?!

Why, you know what might happen? People within the church, and withing Christendom in general, would realize a deep, dark secret: Doctors, lawyers, and Indian Chiefs are made exactly the same as, and with the same parts as, dishwashers, bus boys, waitresses, custodians, hotel maids, ditch diggers, and all the rest who don't get led to the "prominent" places of seating within the church! ;)

Seriously, though: Long ago in a galaxy far, far away (tm), my wife and I attended an independent "fundamentalist" church, thriving, and full of loving, friendly people. Most were associated with the US Navy or USMC. San Diego.

Well. One day, a lovely couple came and visited, and as was the custom then, filled out the "visitor's card", and put it in the offering basket. They had been warmly greeted by various and sundry, including yours truly. But the problem was, the wife was [GASP!!] BRALESS!! And it was quite obvious, due to much kinetic energy. ;)

Well. I and another guy were tasked with visiting them that following Tuesday (yet another custom, derived from the book of Hezekiah, Ch. 13, V. 52).

Afterward, he mentioned that they were probably trouble, if they continued to attend--due to her lack of modesty.

They visited a couple more times, each time her braless, and the friendliness was inversely proportional to their number of visits. Eventually they quit coming, and the question was mentioned, whatever became of the Smiths or whatever their name was? "Well, it was probably best they not attend, as she was a distraction to the men of the church."

I almost quit attending over that. It's heartbreaking to me, even now.

Jim

This post was edited

I have no problem with a nude church, as long as it's goals are focused on seeking the one true God, to fellowship with Him, to obey Him, and serve him.
The reason I make this statement is that I came across a person who wants to start a new religion that worshiped nudism.

This post was edited

I've attended naked worship at the chapel at White Tail Nudist Park in Ivor Virginia.

I went as a sort of a "field trip" or "research investigation": I'm a Lutheran Clergy-person and long-time nudist, and I'd heard it rumored about that there might be a Lutheran Communion service that week-end. Such was not the case: it was lay-led and more of a "praise service" than I'm accustomed to. But the community, though small, was warm and friendly and enthusiastic. And, of course, naked. And it was a pleasant surprise to see, next to a stack of Bibles, another stack of the "Lutheran Book of Worship." I was never able to get back and see if those Books of Worship had ever been put to further use.

The thing is, I've met clergy of every denomination who are also nudists. I think we are all convinced that our Christian commitment and our practice of nudism are not incompatible. There are a number of Christian nudist Face Book groups; there are several different Christian naturist gatherings in various parts of the country. I've not attended any, but that's mostly because of my own crazy schedule.

Meanwhile, I live naked when I'm at home, which means that I'm naked every morning when I'm at prayer. Maybe one day I'll have the chance to preach naked to a naked congregation, or lead worship naked, or celebrate communion naked.

And I love the motto of the Jesuits: Nudus nudum Jesum segue: "Naked I follow the naked Jesus."

This post was edited