Burned the trash and disappointed

I live rural and generally burn my trash. I wait until the conditions are safe to do it. No wind, recent rains. Today i awoke to a dead calm dense fog morning. I hauled several trash bags out to the burn pile and lit it up. Made several trips to get it all from the back room and garage. I had cleaned out my cupboards of out of date food so there was quite a bit of packaging etc. Here is where the disappointment came in. One of the things i had tossed was some expired microwave popcorn. I figured it would be a bunch of mini explosions when the flames hit the kernels. But alas only heard one pop and that may not have even been the corn. Of course all this was done in the buff. A couple of cars went by while I was out there, but my burn pile is hidden from view by the bamboo stand. I was exposed while carrying stuff out there.

This topic was edited
RE:Burned the trash and disappointed

Does your burn pile ever draw the attention of the local fire department? Would have been interesting if they showed up to check it out!

This post was edited

Used to burn when lived in the county but got annexed into the city and their burn ordinance is expensive. Too many idiots out there that would report you for "polluting"

This post was edited

Mine has not but earlier this spring my neighbor's did. I was getting ready to lay out ( nude of course) when I heard sirens. At first I thought they were on the highway 1/2 mile to the north. But then realized they were getting closer. They stopped at the next house south and had to put out a field fire his burning his trash started. That same day in the south part of the county a trash fire did get out of control and burned down an out building. That is why I wait until a calm damp day to burn mine. We had had 1.4" of rain since friday and it was pea soup fog. That was the time to burn.

This post was edited

Yep,
Once it gets away, you got a mess!
Watch the weather forecasts and pick a safe day.

Later,

This post was edited

I separate my garbage, burnables and not. once I get two or three bag and the conditions are right, I burn them all. And, yes i am naked while doing so. Only neighbor is across the street and plenty of trees and brush between us. just gotta be careful with the flying ashes, they can hurt. ALWAYS stay until the fire dies down. I live in a national forest and would really hate to be the cause of some of that forest to burn down. Never had a complain from my one and only neighbor. I have mistakenly been outside when one of my seasonal neighbors have been up. Only one has said anything, the others have seen me, I know, and must not care. I don't go out of my way to flash them and would actually prefer if they don't see me.

This post was edited