Single Men

Is it just me or is every other single man is facing the same issue.
I cannot make any friends on here because Im a single man. Most couples/ women have no single men mentioned on their profiles. Guys think youre gay. Lol
Im as it is scared and wanted to try being a nudist. I have a life and I have just enough time to get on the site to connect with people and ask questions. I have received better responses outside the portal.
Still wondering whether the concept of nudism really accepts single men? I do get offended when all men are categorized as creeps.
I love being nude. Do it all the time at home, I wouldnt dare do this outside as the non nude human society has laws.
I respect women and their choices but frankly, being labeled as a creep just because Im a single straight man, is worse than racism!

This topic was edited
RE:Single Men

As a married man whose wife does not like to accompany me to a nude beach or resort, I am treated as a single male as well. Maybe even worse since I'm married and not accompanied by my wife. It is necessary for us to just go to the beach or to a resort and enjoy yourself. Some days you will not have any meaningful conversation with others that are there but some days you will have lots - it's a crap shoot frankly. Don't let the others ruin your day. Go, enjoy, bring a book to read and have a great day.

This post was edited

If you want to make real friends stick to the real world.

One reason that single men are stigmatised is that on this site, most are men but only a very small minority are actual naturists.

The rest are just making it harder for people to trust lone males.

This post was edited

I think you know what I mean by actual naturist, but if not its people who are naturist, not people who join this site just to see images of nude women and other nefarious reasons.

I came to this thread because we received a friend request from the OP. He seemed like a genuine guy and I thought he deserved a response . we have hundreds of friends requests and almost all of them are from guys who think we want to have sex with them.

The previous friedend request was from a guy asking can we be friends with benefits?

This was dumb for a number of reasons, hes not read our profile and we live at the top of the northern hemisphere and he lives at the bottom of the Southern Hemisphere. The only thing we have in common is a Fkn time zone. This is typical of the men who contact us from this site.

So no I shouldnt generalise, but I stand by what I said.

This post was edited

In exactly the same boat. It can get very lonely on naturist beaches. Need to find a buddy, but then the wife won't approve of that!

This post was edited

why do you need a buddy to go to a nudebeach. I am going to a nude beach to tan without tanlines. If l want to meet other people l go to a pub...

This post was edited

communication is essential, joining groups and getting acquainted. first long distance and then personal as it works out. I joined various christian naturists groups on the web and eventually went to a planned weekend at a naturist resort, that way I was there for a purpose to meet specific people and a reason to be there. On this site I find a few I can befriend and met one live so far, and looks like we may make it a regular campout in an isolated natural spot with a small group. Real pure naturism is my intent, no pictures needed, live meetups are for social naturism only and I will expect conduct according to the standard of a good naturist resort.

This post was edited

I think you know what I mean by actual naturist, but if not its people who are naturist, not people who join this site just to see images of nude women and other nefarious reasons.I came to this thread because we received a friend request from the OP. He seemed like a genuine guy and I thought he deserved a response . we have hundreds of friends requests and almost all of them are from guys who think we want to have sex with them.The previous friedend request was from a guy asking can we be friends with benefits?This was dumb for a number of reasons, hes not read our profile and we live at the top of the northern hemisphere and he lives at the bottom of the Southern Hemisphere. The only thing we have in common is a Fkn time zone. This is typical of the men who contact us from this site.So no I shouldnt generalise, but I stand by what I said.

Hi Stevielorna,
Well, point taken. You were at least honest about being prejudiced.
On this very site, three women who accepted my friend requests have asked me to send them money! Two couples asked me if I pay for pictures/ videos! Another couple asked me if I was willing to sleep with the man because the woman wants to see him with other men! Dont know what to say!
There will always be people like that. Should I just assume that all women, or all couples, also are the same? I really dont think that this is the right way to go, especially when everyone talks about being free. You said it yourself - we shouldnt generalize.

This post was edited

Hi. I don't seem to have this problem. However, if you're speaking primarily and only to women and asking them to help you get into nudism, and in some cases maybe not noticing some are partnered, that is what is considered to be creep behavior because that is kinda inappropriate. Women, unless indicated in the profile that they are looking for a man to teach something are hit on so much its mind boggling. Nude women even more. So any overture to women asking them to "hey get nude with me" or "show me how to take of my pants" (I'm being a little glib for directed point) is going to be seen as asking too much and not worth bothering to consider as they get these by the dozens if not hundreds. Ask a man who is open on his profile about your concerns and make it clear the questions are platonic. If he responds in a sexual manner, ask yourself if the questions were appropriate. If you don't get a response, perhaps what you think you're doing may not line up with what is actually being probed. I don't know. There are many resources here in the FAQ and the forums that cover basics. If this is entirely not your experience I do apologize and am sorry it's been tough.

This post was edited

Hi again. There are prostitution aspects to each and every online service this one is no exception. In fact, I find it to be minor here compared to some other boards. The mods do what they can. No one has ever asked me to pay here or on TS, I sincerely think you need to work on the communication aspect of the messages you send, or otherwise, perhaps some of the ladies you are friend requesting might be considered very attractive and if so, they get bombarded with requests and have the option to do as they please, which is pretty much the way life is, although it sucks to experience it.

Check to see if couples are also on TS, if so, they are swingers and assume single guys messaging are doing so for one reason. It's surely galling on one hand to be thought of as seeking sex and the other hand being offered it, however, I feel that this is not entirely the site's fault or the other member's fault. A great way to get to know folks is to contribute to the threads in a meaningful and intelligent manner. If you show genuine interest, make kind and astute comments, are respectful and thoughtful and seek advice or collaboration, you'll get folks who are naturist only interested in you as a person.

The way a message board based membership site like this works is by contribution. It's not a slot machine where you show up and get three lemons and a ticket. Regulars have a sense of community, trust each other and have taken time to earn that trust. I get that its frustrating but perhaps a contributing approach as opposed to the direct requests might be better off? Also, if your profile isn't filled out (don't see it here sorry), that's a massive reason. If it's generic the same. Use positive words and avoid negative ideation. Hope this helps.

This post was edited

I simply don't buy it. I go to beaches from Toronto to Vancouver to Spain to Croatia and I make friends on every one, straight gay and otherwise. I go alone all the time. If I see new people I wave or nod the first two times. They see my smile and the fact that I am not leering or being lurkerish. Then, maybe they have a dog or I have some extra beer and its a way to say hi. We chat as long as comfortable my name theirs and that's it. I do this with many people as is possible some I get to know as friends others not... but the number one never do mistake is for a single man who isn't a 20 something model (and even then, he's tolerated not wanted) is to go up to single women, women in groups or a couple and address the lady. That just says you haven't thought it through and women experience SO much harrassment they don't care to figure out if you are nice or nasty. It feels terrible and that's awful if all you were intending was friendship. But the fact that you speak of male friends your wife wouldn't approve of kind of says why you might be ignored.

This post was edited