RE:What goes first?

Most often it is my shirt as I enter the house and hit the bedroom and then just unbutton the shorts and let them fall, then I'm free again.

This post was edited

I don't know that I have a standard pattern...but usually it's the shoes first and belt; I then walk down to the laundry room and take off the socks, shirt, t-shirt, pants & underwear. I just leave them in the laundry basket and head out sans clothes. It's nice to leave the nasty stuff in one place & it makes gathering stuff for washing easier.

This post was edited

I don't know that I have a standard pattern...but usually it's the shoes first and belt; I then walk down to the laundry room and take off the socks, shirt, t-shirt, pants & underwear. I just leave them in the laundry basket and head out sans clothes. It's nice to leave the nasty stuff in one place & it makes gathering stuff for washing easier.

Someone on another board noted that when he retired, he found all the clothes he needed would fit on a shelf in the laundry room so he kept his now small clothing supply in the laundry room and gave away his dresser and took out his closet for more living space.. I noticed on your profile that you are 60 and live in FL, so perhaps this is in your not too distant future.

This post was edited

Still surprised at the number of responders that don't take their shirts off before they get home.

This post was edited

Still surprised at the number of responders that don't take their shirts off before they get home.

Well I have done that before, but not always. Alot of it is the weather. Being in Michigan sometimes its so damn humid that I have the A/C going so hard that it is like winter in my car so I leave the shirt on. Otherwise it is actually winter and too cold for that. Especially this year. Hell the temps were in the upper 40s till almost May this year.

But also I agree. It is definately something I did not think about when I posted this topic 5 years ago and it is a bit suprising.

This post was edited

So far only two have mentioned underwear. Some said they don't wear any, others didn't mention it which sounds like they don't wear any.

This post was edited

I don't know that I'll ever get that empty...but downsizing the stuff is definitely on the horizon.

This post was edited

I don't know that I'll ever get that empty...but downsizing the stuff is definitely on the horizon.

Since retirement I have gotten rid of all but one suit, most of my dress shirts, ties and dress socks, one pair of dress shoes, several pair of casual slacks, a few collared polos, and all of my underwear. Since I put a privacy fence around my pool, I have also reduced my supply of swimsuits. Haven't owned sleepwear for many years. If I lived in FL like you do, I would definitely get rid of all of my jeans and another pair or two of casual slacks and some sweaters and long sleeve t's. Even so, my closet is still over half full and I have only emptied one drawer of my dresser. I do now keep all of my clothes in the closet and dresser year round. No need to store out of season clothes elsewhere.

This post was edited

So far only two have mentioned underwear. Some said they don't wear any, others didn't mention it which sounds like they don't wear any.

I did notice that as well

This post was edited

It would have to be pants first in general for me. I think it stems from the fact that I almost always wear jeans with a belt and the first and most obvious "load off" when I'm relaxing at the end of the day is to take off the belt. After that, the taking off of the pants immediately follows pretty much 100% of the time because I find belt-less pants uncomfortable for some reason. The only uncertainty is whether after that the underwear or shirt comes off first but I feel like in most cases the underwear comes off first.

This post was edited