Solair 5k Road Race June 8-10 weekend

Anyone else planning on running this one? In the past I've run the Sunny Rest 5k on this weekend, but they've moved it out a week this year. Solair is much closer for us (coming from the greater Boston area its a 90 minute drive to get there rather than a 5 hour drive) and this weekend is Mrs. J&C's birthday weekend, so I thought I'd give this one a try.

This topic was edited
RE:Solair 5k Road Race June 8-10 weekend

The run is this morning at 10am. It will be my first color run, so glad that I wont have any clothes that will get covered in the chalk. Anyone else at Solair this weekend?

This post was edited

I hope you had a great day at Solair! It sounds like a great time! Too far for me this weekend! Maybe with some planning - next time!

This post was edited

So how was the run? Did they many to participate? How was the weather, warm enough to bare it all? Wish I could have done it.

This post was edited

So how was the run? Did they many to participate? How was the weather, warm enough to bare it all? Wish I could have done it.

The weather was great, and almost everyone ran nude. Sunny and warm but not hot. There is a picture of a bunch of us after the race on their website and their Facebook page. I think there were about 30 runners and another 5 or so walkers. I know I was 17th, but dont know my time yet. I did slow and walk with Mrs. J&C for a bit when I caught up to her on one of the laps, so my time wont be my best. We are planning to do it again next year.

This post was edited

Sounds like a good run, wish I could have done it.

This post was edited

Even with the slow down to walk with C for a while, I finished in 30:29, which is my personal best 5k time. My next best time is in the 31 minute range at Sunny Rest, also a nude run. I guess running without clothes makes you go faster! On Wednesday we had our work 5k and I finished in 34:19, although that one is closer to 3.5 miles. But those clothes definitely slow me down!

Next year I will try to get under 30 minutes. I would drive down to Sunny Rest for the day next week for their 5k if it wasn't a 5 hour drive.

This post was edited

That time beats my only two 5k times this year, must by the clothes holding me back. That is so great that the wife joined you for the race. I would love it if my would participate also.

This post was edited