My "Perfect" Body

I know I don't have a "super model" body by any means and I have never claimed to have one.
Growing up, I was a chubby kid and got teased a lot for it. At times the teasing got to the level of bullying. This went on for about five to six years...from third grade through to the end of my eight grade year. Then something happened in me. At the start of my ninth grade year, instead of getting upset and making a scene (which is where they truly got their kicks), I started laughing with them. Then the teasing, for the most part, stopped. I occasionally was teased about having a small penis in that the fat on my pelvic region pretty much kept it hidden and that my scrotum didn't hang down like everyone elses.
The only time I was ever even close to being in shape was when I completed Army basic training after joining the Army National Guard at the age of 25. I was in enough shape to pass the PT test to graduate from basic. I still wasn't, by any means, a "stud" and didn't have a "ripped" body. I was able to stay relatively in shape...I did put on about 30 pounds in the three years following the completion of basic...this was due to my lack of self-discipline to exercise and eat healthier.
Fast forward 24 years, I've put on more weight but have maintained the same weight for about the last 10 years.
Around August/September of 2017, I decided to work my way back to being naked whenever possible. Before that, I would be naked occasionally when alone or away on a business trip. This was because I was ashamed of how my body looked and everything I tried to improve it, failed. I felt that I failed my body.
I found that on one social media, Tumblr, that they didn't restrict nude photos. So I started to search out non-sexual nude blogs. I saw all different sizes, shapes, and colors of the human body and various anatomical parts and there were no shaming of them! It was amazing to see this and see the acceptance by others. To see the positive comments.
One morning, after taking a shower, I took a deep breath and snapped a photo of myself. I started my own Tumblr blog and posted the photo. Once I had followers of my blog, the photos I shared of myself did not receive any negative comments. This was my first big step to body acceptance.
Since then, I have realized that my God created me. He designed my body. Are there things I wish He would have designed differently? Yes. But I have finally become accepting of my "perfect" body.

This topic was edited
RE:My "Perfect" Body

My congratulations to you on your journey to self and body acceptance and appreciation (which really is a step even beyond acceptance). Perfectly described :-) .

This post was edited
RE:My "Perfect" Body

Thank you. I appreciate you saying this.

This post was edited