More and more clothing being worn ...

One of the things my wife and I noticed during our recent visit was the amount of clothing so many of the residents seem to be wearing. Sure there may be some reasons why but I/we wonder if living naked, as some of them do all the time, gets old and they tire of it?? We are naked here at home all the time, sometimes for a few days straight. I think if we lived at GE, our water bill for laundry would almost be zero, except for the towels we'd wash. We don't get tired of living naked but I guess some nudists do?

There are lots of places for sale at GE 18 to be exact. We keep kicking around the idea of buying a place there but we think maybe an RV spot would work better. My biggest obstacle is that my wife doesn't like "having" to go to the same place all the time and if we owned a place at GE, she feels we'd be compelled to go there instead of other clubs, a Palm Springs resort or other clubs in the area. It's one of the many reasons we don't own a timeshare.

Another reason we are hesitant about buying and living there is the small community of people and every one seeming to know everyone's business or at least thinking they do. Each time we visit, we're amazed but not surprised at the gossip that takes place in the pool and pool deck area. Everyone gossips but not at the top of their lungs so the entire pool deck can hear what you think of your neighbor, the management, the board it's not us and I think we'd probably be better suited with an RV spot instead of a park model home, although we found one we really like and it's back in the back where it's pretty quiet!

...but there is that fact that the more we visit, the more clothed nudists we see and it's over 80 degrees so it's not like it's cold! It's a shame that the club is so focused on ensuring that anyone taking a tour is naked and while taking the naked tour, they encounter lots of clothed residents!

This topic was edited
RE:More and more clothing being worn ...

Each resort my be different for sure but its very common as you have written about our resort

This post was edited

Each resort my be different for sure but its very common as you have written about our resort

This post was edited

T&D,

You probably visit your club more than we visit ours. We are so busy with grandkids and their events that we don't get away as much as we'd like, hence we don't know many of the residents well enough to talk to them about why they wear clothes so often. Have either of you asked your friends, other residents at your club why they wear clothes so often? Just curious as to why nudists would do that.

We became friends with a woman and her husband at a resort we frequent in Palm Springs. When in the confines of the resort walls, she never wore a thing! She went on and on about how she loved being naked but when we visited her and her husband at their home, she said that she is NEVER naked at home other than to shower. She said she even wore panties and a t shirt to bed. It was strange that someone that loved being naked so much, would rather be clothed at home and in bed. Later we found out that this was one of those passing hobbies or things to try. She decided she'd had enough and they stopped coming every year. We were friends for about 8 years then they just fell off the grid!

Maybe some of these full time nudist residents get tired of being naked all the time? I think Di and I would be an anomaly and be naked all the time. I know I would be! :DDD

This post was edited

We go to Cypress Cove fairly often and during the day it seems almost everyone is naked. In the evening, they have a dance, etc and it seems there is some clothing being worn then, but not normal clothes, but coverups and the sort. It seems for the dance they want to have some creativity in what they wear. By the end of the evening, most folks have taken them off and it's back to naked again. Seems like it is a way to express your creativity or style or something like that I guess.

This post was edited

We've only been to two nude resort dances. The first one was at an upscale resort that eventually went swinger. That dance was quite the eye opener. Lots of things going on just short of sex on the dance floor! :DDD

The other one was at Mira Vista Resort in Marana/Tucson, AZ. It was their Mardi Gras theme dance we had a blast! Our group of friends went but two couples petered out very early and we and our closest nudist friends shut the place down. We had a great time and as you say the outfits were fun and creative but you are also correct, the costumes didn't last long and before long, everyone was naked except of an occasional boa, hat, bow tie or a mask.

But to be honest we've visited Mira Vista 4 times now and we didn't see any of the guests wearing clothes unless they were leaving the resort or returning from town. The staff wore clothes but that was expected. There are residents at Mira Vista and they were tending to their gardens, patios and such but all were naked! ;D

This post was edited

We just spent a weekend at a club that has changed from a clothing optional to a NUDIST club!! They now say nudity is expected unless weather requires clothes!!I didnt ask anyone why they made that change. But, a few years ago I noticed a very large number of people wearing clothes there too!! Now that they have taken away the option it is much better in our opinion because, theres no one second guessing what they can wear. If its warm youre naked !!!

I agree with this policy to an extent. If we lived in a club or community with mandatory nudity, we'd probably not live there long, only because my wife has suffered through several surgeries to remove cancerous spots because of too much sun exposure. She must wear some SPF rated shirts, from time to time, to reduce the risks. She also gets chilled easily. My concern would be who decides weather requirements and when someone is chilled or had enough sun for the day that they might need to put something on.

My other concern or more of a problem with establishing such rules is that those rules apply differently to different people. As I stated in my initial post, it's not the members or the guests that are clothed, it's the residents that are continually clothed. Most nudist/clothing optional venues seem to be concerned with those visitors, guests or members that may have voyeuristic motives but what's to say that the clothed residents are any less voyeuristic than the first timer or periodic guest or member.

I don't see an increase in clothing being worn by members and guests, it's almost always the residents and sometimes off duty staff!

This post was edited

Yes it's absolutly the case in France

This post was edited

Yes it's absolutly the case in France

Can you be more specific?

This post was edited

I noticed the same trend at our last trip to the Cove. We had dinner at Lakeside and most were wearing clothes, except me. I felt a little out of place. I go to a nude resort to be nude unless it's too cold. It wasn't. I couldn't figure out why people eating and then dancing weren't nude.

This post was edited

Women playing pickle ball and tennis, at our club, often wear sports bras, tennis shoes, hats and sunglasses. Some will slip on shorts but usually when playing has been completed and they are all done and sitting around and talking and laughing, those clothes usually come off. Women not wanting to sway, jiggle or bounce around is understandable and the need to keep their breasts in check is not an issue.

It's the residents that become clothing police for others when they are the ones wearing the clothing. I just grow tired of the clothed nudists, at nudist clubs and resorts, out numbering the naked nudists! ;D

This post was edited