RE:Illinois Beach State Park

Nicely cooler by the lake on this sweltering weekend. Patrols by the rangers kept exposure to the bare minimum (they did ticket someone for crossing the dead river). Nice day, you all should have been out there.

This post was edited

Well today, July 18, should be the perfect day! Breeze coming off the lake so there will be no flies and it won't get too hot. Please remember that this is not an 'official" nude beach, but you can be nude with discretion. It is very thong, g-string and speedo friendly so if you have to cover up, any of those will work just fine.

Hope to see the place busy today as I will be out there later this morning.

This post was edited

Be careful out there. On another online group it was written that tickets are being written and arrests have been threatened for second time offenders. It was also said that due to erosion the clothed are coming further south on the beach and making complaints about the unclothed (thus precipitating enforcement?).
Use your best judgement and don't do anything crazy.

This post was edited

Beautiful day on the beach on Saturday. Not a lot of people out there, but just about everyone there wore a thong and occasionally less. Flies didn't show until about 5pm (wind shifted?), no sign of rangers.

This post was edited

Went today and came across a nude couple on the south end. When they saw me they quickly got dressed. I told them I was going to do the same. They did not undress again, but did not mind me being nude. Too bad because it was beautiful weather, no flies, and the water was nice.

This post was edited

Has anyone ventured out yet this year?

This post was edited

Personally I have not yet but I spoke with a couple in the area that said the patrols are happening, be careful.

This post was edited

Yes and it was very nice. No issues or problems.

This post was edited

Has anyone been there recently?

This post was edited

I was there last week and had no issues. Still have to be discreet with your nudity, but thongs and g-strings are fine everywhere.

This post was edited