RE: Driving barefoot

I drive barefoot most of the time, shoes just get in the way! I also play drums barefoot, it helps me become one with the music. luv the feel of steel!

This post was edited

Barefooted driver. That's me.
Feels right and much safer than most footwear.

This post was edited

I never feel completely naked unless I have bare feet, wherever I am, driving or not. I started living naked as much as I can about a year ago. Doing that has made me really appreciate bare feet and recently I've been kicking off my shoes and socks whenever I get the chance, dressed or not. It's like staying a bit naked.

This post was edited
RE:Driving barefoot

I started driving barefoot about 8+ years ago. Now, I cant drive with shoes. I started driving barefoot when I was logging over 100 miles perday, sometimes 600 and just started kicking off my shoes. I was doing a lot of outdoor work at the time and just couldnt drive 2 hours in hot sweat soaked shoes and socks.

I

This post was edited

Driving barefoot is best. Just like superior contact with the ground with your bare feet, it allows you to feel feedback from the pedals much more and especially when braking. I find my feet have better traction than most any shoes and I'm less likely to slip off the brake or pop the clutch in a manual transmission vehicle.

Not only all of that but it feels so much better. I can feel the heat in the winter and the cool in the summer to make me feel more comfortable. If I'm wearing clothes for all those miles its a small comfort to know at least my feet are naked!

This post was edited

After being on my feet all day in shoes at work. I look forward to getting in my car and slipping off my shoes for the commute home. It's almost like this simple act lets me leave my work behind knowing that I've entered a different style of living. It also allows me to "feel" the road better. It's such a small thing but it affects my psyche in a big way.

Dave

This post was edited

Yes Traildoc, Im the same way! As soon as the car door is open the shoes and socks get pitched in and feet are free. Unless there is snow or ice on the ground ill be barefoot, driving too. Good to feel the pedals and much more comfortable. I keep a pair of flip flops in the car for when I forget to get shoes or actually have to have shoes. Driving barefoot is much safer than in high heels :)

This post was edited

We love to drive barefeet.....always on long trips for sure, off come the flip flops in the car!

This post was edited

We love to drive barefeet.....always on long trips for sure, off come the flip flops in the car!

I think it's safer driving barefoot than in flip flops. I often drive naked - and barefoot too

This post was edited

I often drive barefoot and agree that is much safer than flip flops. In fact, I have heard that some states do not allow driving in footwear that doesn't have a back strap. But I cannot confirm that. I do think it is important that any footwear not be loose in the driver's footwell, so I put my sandals or shoes somewhere else. I love to drive nude and it would feel sort of funny to be bare but wearing shoes.

This post was edited