RE:Have you ever been arrested for nudity?

The neighbours on the one side can see me but I simply don't care. The previous tenant in that house called the police but they just asked me to try and cover up, to which I replied "okay". The police left and I just continued doing what I always did, I never covered up at all. The police have never been back because they know that I could turn around and sue the complainant for invasion of privacy. That tenant has now vacated the property and another tenant has now moved in.

This post was edited

You might consider greeting your new neighbors and talk to them about the subj.

This post was edited

I sure wish we had done this with our current next door neighbors. All seems to be fine and they seem to accept our nudity in the backyard, if they see us, but I would have much rather talked to them about it right after they moved in. We've been neighbors now for 5 years so I think that boat has sailed and it's probably best to leave it alone and accept their acceptance of our nudity.

This post was edited

Agreed. You'll probably have better results having a friendly dialogue versus unilateral/combative action. Unless they're unreasonable/puritanical, then you're screwed either way.

This post was edited

With my neighbors I got tired of sneeking around so I asked them when we were texting about something , it was funny the I got nothing back then they said they both did not bother them so now I got to enjoy my backyard with out much worries

This post was edited

Not yet.

This post was edited
RE: Have you ever been arrested for nudity?

Yes . In 2014 . Was arrested after walking back on a trail from the beach to the parking lot . Was seen by 2 people who both called the cops with their cell phones and gave detailed descriptions of me to the cops . Cost almost $ 1200 . Spent a nightin jail . Fines , Recovery of my vehicle from the impound lot , and 3 months Probation . Learned from the Judge , and the Probation Officer that nudity is tolerated , but still illegal , at the beach if you aren't trying to ' shock ' people with your open expression of nudity .In other words , try to be hidden . Minute you enter the woods leading back to the parking lot makes your nudity intentional , and they can therefore arrest you for Indecent Exposure . Learned my lesson . Be Careful in Michigan .

That incident is why I have changed my behavior. Here is my experience which I would not duplicate these days:

Many years ago I found a secluded beach on Key Biscayne off Miami, Florida. It was an extension of a popular, beautiful textile beach. The nude portion was way beyond the clothed beach and not widely known as frequented by nudists.

The two easiest ways to get to the nude portion was either walking along the beach from the clothed section or walking from the regular parking lot, parallel to the beach, on the dirt path fire access road. I usually walked the fire road since it was an easier walk than on the beach sand. Another benefit of the fire road was once you rounded a bend you were no longer visible to anyone in the parking lot, only to those further down the road. This was not a road frequented by many people; usually only those going to or coming from the hidden nude beach. Often, after rounding the bend, I would remove what little clothing I was wearing and walk naked the rest of the way.

One time though, while nude, I saw a clothed couple walking towards me, after they had rounded a bend up ahead. They were not dressed like they were coming from the nude beach. They looked like tourists from the Midwest, with heavy and inappropriate clothing for the beach. I was in a quandary as what to do. They were 100 yards or so away, they looked to be about 30 years old, and they could clearly see I was naked. It seemed if I put on my shorts I would be admitting I was guilty of something. At the same time, they were walking only a short distance away from other nude people. Maybe they had already seen them.

I decided to remain nude and not buckle to the social guilt I was supposed to feel. After all, they were adults and both should have seen a naked male. As we passed each other, one of them made a snide comment to the other about what they had just witnessed.

My point is I felt safe in there was not much the couple could do about having seen me nude. If they had reported me and taken the trouble to try find me on the beach it would have been their word against mine. But this happened before cell phones with cameras. These days, if such a incident presented itself, I would put on shorts before they would be able to take a photo.

This post was edited

Never. I have a friend who was, but his charges were dropped recently in court.

This post was edited

Yes. I was arrested in the late 70's while nude sunbathing at Bear Cut on the north end of Key Biscayne. Back then it was rarely used for anything other than a nude beach. I was just unlucky one day. The charges were dropped. I had a very, very, good and well known lawyer in the city. Then again in the 80's near Mickler's Landing in Ponte Vedra Beach that was again before it was as popular as it is today. The 2nd time I paid a fine and the record expunged.
Besides a few traffic tickets those were the only two interactions with law enforcement I've ever had.

This post was edited

No, the closest is when the ranger at the as you call it nudist tolerant Herring Cove, said "sir, you need to put your bottoms on". It was a very relaxing day and while I usually keep an open eye/ear, that day I was zoned out until I heard the static of a walkie-talkie, followed by "sir . . ." i still find it funny how he phrased it. How many bottoms do I have and I guess as a man, I was free from needing to put on a top.

This post was edited