Naked River Kayak/Float Adventure

Would any of our friends(or friends of yours) be interested in a naked kayaking adventure (or float) down the Raccoon River in Iowa? We'd love to plan and organize something if there's enough interest. Plenty of sand/rock bars to beach on as well as wildlife and scenery to take in. We are thinking early August. The water level is a little high right now and the sand bars are covered, but by late July/early August we expect it to be great. Let us know.

This topic was edited
RE:Naked River Kayak/Float Adventure

Sounds like fun. I have never been on a river, only lakes. Not sure if we could do this.

This post was edited

Sounds like a great adventure. If onl;y we were closer we would join you. Good luck.

This post was edited

I live in Florida, just a little to far. Got all the gear. In fact going on a 21 day trip on the Colorado in October.

This post was edited

I live in Florida, just a little to far. Got all the gear. In fact going on a 21 day trip on the Colorado in October.

This post was edited

Water levels have been high this year, otherwise we get out several times during the spring, summer and fall months. Maybe next year you guys can plan a trip back.

This post was edited

Sounds fun. Please post the date and start time along with the starting point. Doing a group shuttle, we assume.

This post was edited

Just checked the water level yesterday and it's still pretty high. We'll keep checking periodically and keep everyone posted.

This post was edited

Depending on the length of our trip and the amount of people, we can all meet at one location to put in and kayaks/canoes/tubes and people can be shuttled back to their vehicles.

This post was edited

I'd be down, I'd bring my jon boat and keep the float In the clear of debris

This post was edited

I would love to do this anytime .we did one in tenasee years ago .

This post was edited