Can you legally give a nudism seminar and be naked

I live in a college town and have considered giving a seminar on living the nudist lifestyle. I've considered doing it in a private forum, perhaps booking a private room in one of the local bars in town.
I'm sure there would have to be some disclaimer or waiver for them to sign before entering that explained they will be exposed to nudity and that they are entering at their own will.
I'm concerned that there would still be legal ramifications if I was naked while giving the seminar, or having a slideshow with nude images that depict the naturist lifestyle including images of nudity in art and history.
Has anyone out there ever done a seminar like this or are there members of the legal community that could give clear guidance and direction as to whether this would be acceptable? Would I still face legal issues?
I feel the College Community is ripe and ready for such a seminar which would include a Q&A segment.
I would prefer to hear specific legal guidance rather than just opinions.
FreeLee

This topic was edited
RE:Can you legally give a nudism seminar and be naked

I think the slide show would be okay, but there would probably be some objections to you being naked depending on the venue. If the place has a liquor license, there might be restrictions.

Years ago I was surprised when I went to a poetry reading at a local event space for a friends reading and bam, she undressed. There were no arrests.

Still, youd be better off checking with the venue than here.

This post was edited

It all depends on which state you live in. Here in Massachusetts we have a nude bowling event at a local bowling alley which does have a liquor license. They won't allow you to walk nude into the bar itself but you can drink while nude in the bowling alley. Either dress to get your drink or have staff get the drink for you. The front door is locked and it is a private event. No reason the bowling couldn't be replaced with a seminar under similar circumstances: business closed and a private event. Having it in one room while the business is still open in other rooms might change things, so find a smaller venue where you could rent out the whole place. No idea if any of this would be legal where you are.

This post was edited

If you avoid alcohol, don't accept any money, and don't do this in Arkansas (the only state that actually bans nudist venues) you're fine with the locked door and consent form you are already contemplating. Your biggest issue will be what to do if an audience member starts to get inappropriately sexual or otherwise strange. Calling the cops or notifying the venue would be a bad idea; have enough friends there to quietly surround the offender and hold him in conversation about appropriateness, who are themselves sane enough not to escalate tensions.

This post was edited

I would suggest that you give TNS (The Naturist Society) a call for some guidance.

https://www.naturistsociety.com/tns/resources/Contact.html

This post was edited

I think the answer is yes. A private event allows for nudism. I've been to venues in a hotel conference room where full nudity was allowed. The doors were attended so no accidental attendees. And it was always part of an educational series put on by a private club.

This post was edited

Anyone remember Jenny Jones, a daytime TV talk show host from several decades ago. One of her shows featured a panel of nudists who were nude on the set and seated facing the audience. I remember crossed legs and an audience member commenting on it so one of the men stood up. That part was edited, but if you can do this on American TV, you should have no trouble with the law given an institution's willingness to rent their space.

This post was edited

Thanks for all your comments on the post, I was beginning to think nobody would. You all have been very encouraging.
I think I'm going to start working on my presentation.

This post was edited

Thanks for the tips, good advice!
Your topics are well selected, I like it. Many were already on my list so it confirmed in my feelings of what should be discussed. I've considered going to UGA. We're in the Bible Belt here so I'm not sure how it would go over. I may give it some thought in the future. For now I'm just going to compile notes and perhaps put together a PowerPoint.
I appreciate your input! Thanks

This post was edited

You may also want to record the sessions and put them on YouTube.

This post was edited

hi lee,
I have been thinking about some form of nude outreach. You go guy, and then share your wisdom and experience with me.
we'll be in touch.

This post was edited