Textile Truenudists Poll

I would like to poll all members on their personal thoughts on members posting only
clothed photos on TN.
kinda defeats our purpose. Not to mention I feel they are just looky-loos. Should it be a requirement?
Comments....

This topic was edited
RE:Textile Truenudists Poll

Definitely members of this site should be required to have at least one nude photo that also shows their faces. Plus, there needs to be some way to ensure the nude photo(s) they post aren't of someone else taken off the internet. After all, this is a nudist group so nobody should be shamed or hesitant sharing their nude photos with the membership.

This post was edited

I'm with you both - but in this day in age when email / text / pictures shaming and ransomware threats are everywhere.... some people who are not openly nudist might be wary. Another way to know the photos are real - is if there are multiple photo of the people doing different things. THE WORLD'S new motto should be - if you post it - you better be okay with it getting hacked - - and posted and seen by everyone! Including your mother!! But I can see your point to - - meeting someone naked in person is the best way to know if they are real and nudist!

This post was edited

I don't necessarily disagree, but some of us are true nudists who have little if any opportunity to socialize outside of this forum and we like it that way. There are also those of us who don't want to be photographed especially if it is going onto the Internet. Then there are those who have no one to take the picture and are not adept in setting up a camera with a timer on it. These came to mind in a very short period. I am certain there are others.

This post was edited

I don't mind people not being comfortable with posting a nude photo. But no photo and no info in your profile = Block/ignore for me. It amazes me how many people want to start a conversation and have no information listed about themselves.

This post was edited

In a perfect world this wouldnt be a problem, but we have to accept the world as it is. Some of us are comfortable with everyone else knowing about our life style and others are not. We ought not require anyone who might be interested in joining us to do anything that might discourage their participation, but it would be nice to discourage the trolls and pretenders who show up here and disrupt our forum. Anyone know how to do that without scaring away potential members?

This post was edited

In a perfect world this wouldnt be a problem, but we have to accept the world as it is. Some of us are comfortable with everyone else knowing about our life style and others are not. We ought not require anyone who might be interested in joining us to do anything that might discourage their participation, but it would be nice to discourage the trolls and pretenders who show up here and disrupt our forum. Anyone know how to do that without scaring away potential members?

Don't have an answer but agree with everything you said.

This post was edited

Definitely members of this site should be required to have at least one nude photo that also shows their faces. Plus, there needs to be some way to ensure the nude photo(s) they post aren't of someone else taken off the internet. After all, this is a nudist group so nobody should be shamed or hesitant sharing their nude photos with the membership.

It isn't always easy to be a nudist in today's society, as someone has pointed out previously about social media and photo sharing. I work in the public sector and I have to be careful about what pictures I post, hence my blurred face on my pics. I am no less a nudist than any other member on this website. As a matter of fact I have been naked for the majority of my life, including when I was much younger.

I had a profile on here a few years ago, under a different name, and an previous co-worker of mine had trolled his site and saw my face pics. He shared my information, including a link to my profile publicly. I was called into my bosses office and was asked to remove my profile because I "represented the company I worked for and we had many clients who are not as accepting of such lifestyle." Needless to say I was quite taken back and also very angry because I had to hide a piece of myself that I am not ashamed of. I threatened to SUE said co-worker for defamation of character, but this was a very teachable moment for me. ANYTHING you post on-line or on social media is open to the public no matter what.

So to require every member here to have a Nude-Face photo may not be an option. Some of us are still in occupations that aren't as open as others. Excited for retirement where I won't have to have this worry.. ;-)

This post was edited

Excited for retirement where I won't have to have this worry.. ;-)

Isn't that the truth!

This post was edited

I feel pretty strongly that a good, identifiable, face pic is fine for setting up a profile. I have no problem interacting with people who have no other sort of photo available - because I have complete faith that, under their clothes, they are naked as well, and I am NOT a looky-loo who needs to see their bodies. Really, if you show your face, you're not especially likely to be here as a voyeur, most of whom have either posted nude photos of themselves, or have avoided any identifiable photo at all, or restricted access to it. I know that at resorts and beaches there's an understanding that someone who doesn't or won't get naked is more likely to be a problem, but I think the internet dynamic is different. Here, you have no way of knowing how the naked person you are interacting with is behaving as they see your photo. All you know is what they were doing when they clicked the shutter, which offers little reassurance.

This post was edited

It is complicated. I was a tentative nudist when I joined TN and so used a nick name instead of my real name. And (short of starting a new profile) I'm stuck with it. As time went by and my interest in nudity developed, I uploaded vast numbers of nude photos (with face) both here on TN and on other websites. And my neighbours, workmates, friends, relatives - everyone around me - all know I'm a nudist. It crops up in conversation most days. And I don't care who sees me naked or splashes my photo over the internet. I'm surprised that anyone would want to.

Others have commented on TN members who only have clothed photos or ones restricted to friends only. I just checked and a little over 3/4 (77%) of members have no photos at all. I usually take TN members at face value. If I do need to check they are real I apply one of two tests: Are they Certified OR Do they say something about themselves, likes and dislikes in their profile. A photo can be stolen and reused but a texty description is hard to fake.

This post was edited