no longer open to single males

I've been going to Turtle Lake for years (more times than I can count), and generally they've always told me 'no need to call ahead for tent camping; just show up!' So imagine my surprise when I drove down from Lansing and was turned away. I am an AANR member, so that wasn't the issue---they told me that their policy was now male/female couples only. So, this is just a word to the wise, so you don't go out of your way as I did, only to have to get back on the road and drive back.
FYI, Forrest Hills in Saranac always was, and is, very welcoming and open to single guys, and it looks like that's where all of us 'refugees' are going, based on my very fun stay there this past week.

This topic was edited
RE:no longer open to single males

Sorry to hear that Turtle Lake now is turning down single males. I thought about going there , but decided on Sunny Haven and now am a member with my trailer parked there. Spent a wonderful morning and afternoon there today.

This post was edited

I was at TLR last weekend and there were several single males there.

This post was edited

as far as i know we are still accepting single males, there were many here this weekend. they may be limiting the number of single males per day.
this year we have been having a problem with single males acting inappropriately towards our guest and members, doing things such as driving through the park with cell phones in the windows acting like they are talking or texting but with the camera lens at a level where we suspect they are filming. stopping and talking to females to the point where the females feel uncomfortable. sitting at the pools or beach watching people and tugging on their units. yesterday we had a single guest stopping to stare at women repeatedly looking them up and down, even going to the point of following a 15yr old girl as she walked back to her campsite. he was talked to, warned, and will no longer be coming back to TLR. TLR does not tolerate these kinds of behavior, you may not do things but others do and it ruin things for those who do not. if your in doubt call ahead and talk to the office if you may come,

This post was edited

the policy is no new single men, unless you are an AANR member with a reference from another park. single men who have been coming to the park should still be able to get in. unless there is something that has happened to omit you from the park, if thats the case you should have received a letter from the park explaining why. the policy may be reviewed this winter.

This post was edited

Do you think they will enforce this policy when things cool off & slow down? I was hoping to go Saturday Septembe 29th, but now i'm not sure i want to drive down there for nothing.....

This post was edited

this pat weekend there were a lot of single men, don't know their history, but if youve been to other parks tell the people at the office, like we tell everyone with a question "ask the office". call ahead and talk to office kerri. hours for off season are 10 a to 3p thurs to sunday, closed mon tues wednesday.

This post was edited

Thanks for the help Loki!

This post was edited

That is very surprising to me. I have done their annual 5K run for several years and after that I come back several times a year. While there I chatted often with the man who has the little town model in front of his mobile home and his wife is a glass artist, which is what I somewhat deal with in my studies. This year, because of my father and his health issues, i could not return there after the race. They usually keep the log of the visits from the past and so i hope that that accounts for something when i return the next June. I will appreciate any update on this thread.

This post was edited

I was there yesterday by myself because the wife had to work all day, but she said no problem this time of year. Next spring she said things will get busy & encouraged me to not come alone. So take that for what it's worth.

This post was edited

There was a couple creepies there Saturday. I felt bad for the new couple having their 1st nudist experience, but they knew what was going on immediately, & dealt with it politely as they followed me to the hot tub.

This post was edited