Nude hiking (not at nudist camp or resort)

In the area where I live in PA, I have lots or forest land and hiking trails that go on for miles and miles. When I go out on a day hike, I love to strip and put all my cloths in my backpack and hike naked. When I do this I am always nervous about running into another hiker, especially one with kids. Though I love hiking nude, but I feel like my anxiety of being seen or caught, kind of ruins it. If I wasnt so nervous I would probably enjoy it so much more. Does anyone else feel the same or has anyone else actually been caught or come across another hiker? If so what happened and how did you both react?

This topic was edited
RE: Nude hiking (not at nudist camp or resort)

Many years ago in Loch Raven Reservoir, it was possible to hike certain trails nude. Some were isolated, others were known for random encounters shall we say. Of all sorts. That all stopped when cops sent in troops to arrest anyone in the area doing anything they deemed inappropriate. I no longer live close to that area, or any other wooded areas private enough to hike nude.My biggest dream is to one day have enough land around a house in the country that I do not have to worry about being seen nude as I wander around.

This post was edited

In the area where I live in PA, I have lots or forest land and hiking trails that go on for miles and miles. When I go out on a day hike, I love to strip and put all my cloths in my backpack and hike naked. When I do this I am always nervous about running into another hiker, especially one with kids. Though I love hiking nude, but I feel like my anxiety of being seen or caught, kind of ruins it. If I wasnt so nervous I would probably enjoy it so much more. Does anyone else feel the same or has anyone else actually been caught or come across another hiker? If so what happened and how did you both react?Also a PA nudist dad. Love to hike nude in the woods at the local nudist resorts. Best way to hike!

This post was edited

Sorry but Im jealous that you can be nude at all, much less nude and anxious about it!

This post was edited

the police want to interview him and find out his intentions and make sure he doesn't catch a cold...in Chicago they would just arrest or shoot a nude hiker!

This post was edited
RE:Nude hiking (not at nudist camp or resort)

Michigan has plenty of public forests that are almost completely abandoned most of the time, just because there's so much land if you go near an isolated two track or trail or just through the woods you can pretty much figure on not seeing anyone. Keep aware a little and if someone is around it's pretty easy to duck out of the way. I've even floated down a couple rivers for a ways, as long as it's not a canoe traffic time. Again, if you see someone ahead you can just get out in the woods. After a while you get used to it and less nervous. Very few people really mind, anyway, if you're not flaunting in front of them.

This post was edited

I have hiked naked at bird watching trails and at National Seashore. The seashore offers more trails, but more people too. Every trail leads to the water and i have done every one. Only been caught /seen 2x. One by a clothed nudist couple who chatted with me for 20 minutes all while im naked. The other was by another scantily clad hiker while hiking the trails with a bud. The one who caught us walked by us faster tban you can say nudist. Im sure he was nude at times too...just didnt want to be seen.

This post was edited

I feel the exact same way which is why I haven't done it. I would love to hike naked and have it be legal. I wonder if that day is coming soon

Not soon enough

This post was edited

I agree. I feel like hiking nude is an incredible experience, but I also worry about legal consequences if caught. It would be nice if there was a nudist park somewhere. In the past, Ive hiked trails wearing only light mesh shorts, which is the closest best thing I suppose.

This post was edited

In southern California is the anza Borrego desert area. It is legal to go nude anywhere away from "populated" areas. That is away from campground or group areas. Makes for lots of freedom.
In pa north of the river by Wilkes Barre there is a nature area/trails. I believe it Kingston to the north. I went walking there and found it very quiet after about 100 yards. Looking around seeing no one and hearing no one, it was time for a nude walk. Probably over a mile of slow walking. On the way out I saw a walker near the edge so it was time to revert. Also had a nude walk at 7 tubs (had to pay more attention to surrounding) and several other lesser trails. You might be surprised walking train tracks at night. In the city but couldn't wait before finding the above areas. PA tourists people say nudity is not allowed, but could not last more th an a few days. Maybe its me not being as concerned, but I am also use to paying attention to noises around me due to work. Not really worried about adults.
On the pct near Mexico , I hiked through about 14 hikers. Worst (ha ha) was a lady and man hiking by. She half covered eyes as I stood by a bush. Said she did not want to offend me. Replied no problem. She dropped her hand and laughed enjoying the view.

This post was edited

I wnaked through the local woods often, and used to walk around ny block nakred at nigh! ( to many CCTVs now - much too risky :( )

This post was edited