RE:Textile Truenudists Poll

I think there are enough privacy settings for photos so that everyone can post different pictures nude or not and feel comfortable in the fact the pictures will only be seen by those that have a right to view them. Some will say that certification should be required in a certain amount of time...maybe so....it does offer an additional level of privacy. The one that bothers me is the Private Profiles. If you can't even show your face while fully clothed along with your name, you are not going to be friended by us. We use our real names, our real pictures and don't hide behind anything. We are not ashamed of our nudist lifestyle.

You assume the privacy settings work. They don't always. While TT1 has fixed some of the security issues I have pointed out, one glaring one still remains (I suspect he doesn't know how to fix it). Bottom line, TN is not secure. Media is visible to anyone (logged in or not) with a little (and I do mean a little) html knowledge. I used to have nude photos on the site, but removed them once I became aware of the security issues.

John aka cobeachbum

This post was edited

You can change your name without setting up a new account. Go to account settings, then account. There will be your email and user name, just change your user name and everything else stays the same. I just did it the other day, because I decided I didn't want my real name linked to pictures.

This post was edited

Excellent point. It hasn't happened to me, but I am in a position that if my nude photos included my face turned up, it wouldn't be my job any longer.

This post was edited

If you are certified, the individual/couple status of your profile, your gender, and your user name are "locked". You can change your name by unlocking - essentially de-certifying - your profile; you then won't be certified until you submit a new cert photo. But your profile and all its related friends, postings, etc,, will be the same.

This post was edited

I've been a nudist for 2 years now. I have only been on TN for 10 months.
Still working in the textile world I have to be careful as I don't know how it would impact my occupation. I am also certified.
One day while discussing it with my wife, she asked if I had posted any nude pictures of myself on the internet. I explained that the only one that I had posted, that was full frontal nudity was my certification pic, which I believed to be secure.
She wasn't very happy that I had done this and asked me that I would not post any nude pictures of myself going forward. As a loving and respectful husband, I told her that I would not post anything further that showed me totally nude. I respect her greatly and I have honored her request. She's become more openly accepting of my new lifestyle, even joining me on more frequent occasions and has even been a little more liberal about the images I post.
For me at this point in my nudist life I really don't care who knows but out of respect for her I don't post anything where I am totally naked, and will continue to do so until she is comfortable with it.
We all have our reasons, so don't be too quick to judge others!

This post was edited

I dont mind members posting photos clothed. I would prefer that over one of the stock photos. I like TN for all the information and experiences that people share. It helps me be more confident as I venture to new places. Having a wife that is not as much into social nudity as I am, I understand the reasons why some prefer not to be completely open about their clothing option. Even having a profile picture fully dressed on a site name True Nudist could be enough to get you disciplined or fired from a job where children are involved. We do need to respect others trepidations of internet nudity and only respond to those you feel comfortable with and post pictures if you can but dont be upset if no one responds to you if you have private profiles or no profile or photo.

This post was edited

Perfectly OK with me because as others have said their situation may only allow textile photos or they may be just starting. I welcome newcomers

Jeff

This post was edited

well ithink we should appearas nude naturists ,but if for example you cant then thats fine by me

This post was edited

My fear, and my only fear is that nude pictures of me might be seen by my kids, grandkids or relatives that don't know I'm a nudist. I would NOT be comfortable with that. That is the reason I have not gotten certified.

This post was edited

My fear, and my only fear is that nude pictures of me might be seen by my kids, grandkids or relatives that don't know I'm a nudist. I would NOT be comfortable with that. That is the reason I have not gotten certified.

Same here except that I would include some of my non nudist friends.

This post was edited