Comments More Interesting Than the Story

Saw this article about the WNBR. The comments may be indicative of how many textile feel about nudism in general, from the lame jokes to the expectation only beautiful people should be allowed to be nude in public:

https://www.sfgate.com/lifestyle/article/Photos-Naked-bicyclists-hit-the-streets-around-13031110.php

This topic was edited
RE:Comments More Interesting Than the Story

Having been taught to self educate, I recognize what goes on. I was naturally shy and silent, and didn't start talking until I knew enough about things to have something intelligent to say. And constantly researching things that hit my attention and interest to learn more. But a good share, big majority perhaps, of people are forward talkers, and not so good at independent research, more or less have to say something about everything whether they know anything about the subject or not, and don't bother to educate themselves on it before passing judgment. I knew one man who had to say something about everything, and yet was relatively ignorant on many things, so he'd frequently end up saying stupid things, talking nonsense. And that's what we have there, people talking about and passing opinions on naturism when they know nothing about it. I have been tempted to comment on things at times that I had pretty limited knowledge about, but then realize I'd better just be silent, others know a lot more about it than I do. And then there are topics I know a lot about, but don't dare say much, because what I know has been gathered a little at a time from many sources and I can easily get too deep to fast and loose everyone else.

This post was edited

I knew one man who had to say something about everything, and yet was relatively ignorant on many things, so he'd frequently end up saying stupid things, talking nonsense. And that's what we have there, people talking about and passing opinions on naturism when they know nothing about it.

Seems to have it in spades with many of these commentators. The more we work on normalizing nudity the more informed these folks will become. Hopefully.

This post was edited

I didn't see the comments on this story as "interesting." I felt they were more moronic! Proves you can't fix stupid. ;-)

This post was edited

I didn't see the comments on this story as "interesting." I felt they were more moronic! Proves you can't fix stupid. ;-)

About 25 years ago while working on a project in Salt Lake City I heard the term "interesting" being used in place of less polite terms, such as "moronic." :) For example, if someone has a really bad hair day, instead of telling them their hair looks terrible you can tell them it looks interesting. Let them take it from there.

This post was edited

I didn't see the comments on this story as "interesting." I felt they were more moronic! Proves you can't fix stupid. ;-)About 25 years ago while working on a project in Salt Lake City I heard the term "interesting" being used in place of less polite terms, such as "moronic." :) For example, if someone has a really bad hair day, instead of telling them their hair looks terrible you can tell them it looks interesting. Let them take it from there.

interesting
[int()rstiNG]

ADJECTIVE
arousing curiosity or interest; holding or catching the attention.

moronic
[mrnik]

ADJECTIVE
informal
very foolish or stupid.

I rest my case! :DDD

This post was edited