RE:Get wife into nudism

I love it when I hear stories like this and the wife eventually agrees to try it - and ends up liking it. I'm married 25 years and so far no such luck. However, she just recently said should would be OK with me going to nudist events - I'm going to start with attending nude swims with the Long Island Travasuns (non-landed). She was very afraid that I was going to hookup with another female and I think I finally convinced her that nudism is pretty much the exact opposite of what she thinks with respect to sex/relationships. Looking forward to attending some events and maybe even going to a naturist gathering next summer. I still hold out hope she may change her mind but she is quite stuck in her anti-nudity (for herself) point of view.Jeff

We've met some of the Travasuns at nude swims in MA and even in ME. From what they describe, their swims sound like they are very well-run and well-attended events.

This post was edited
RE:Get wife into nudism

Firstly, try to find out where she stands on the subject of nudity, and why. If it's a deep-rooted aversion, it will be that much harder. If it's negative body-image, that can be worked on...with lots of patience, communication and encouragement.

To echo Andy, nudity at home is an important first step. Being frequently naked at home demonstrates a comfort level with nudity to your spouse; and if she accepts it, being nude herself becomes less daunting.

Next...clothing-optionality. A lot of resorts allow first-timers to stay covered. Telling your spouse she does not have to get naked will go a long way to making her more comfortable with the idea.

This post was edited