Climate change and home nudity.

I took occasion the other day to pause and ponder the effects of rising average temperatures and people's clothing choices. While I think there has always been a large number of people who don't consider themselves nudists but still embrace a minimal clothing state during the summer I can't help but think about the effect climate change is having on this group. Are more people embracing this lifestyle as summers get hotter every year? Might people start making that last leap from underwear to nude? Will clothing in the home eventually become an aire to be dropped around close friends? Mainstream society, at least in places like the U.S., still considers nudity to be a part of sex and thus casual nudity is still taboo; but might this start to drop as we pass 40 degrees for weeks at a time?

I feel as though it will. Just as men don't all wear suits all the time anymore, shirts and pants may eventually become a relic of a prior era. What do you think.

This topic was edited
RE:Climate change and home nudity.

Despite all the hype, the actual increase in temperature has been minimal, and probably not enough to change someone's comfort level.

This post was edited

Despite all the hype, the actual increase in temperature has been minimal, and probably not enough to change someone's comfort level.

You are correct if you are talking about the averages, but many places are getting a lot bigger extremes with much higher temperatures in the summer and bitter cold in the winter. Many places in California have been setting new high temperature records pretty often over the last several years.

This post was edited

Back to the question - will more people embrace nudism if temperatures rise? Apparently British Naturism had a big increase in new members joining during the prolonged hot weather here in the UK. But us nudists will always be in the minority. Whilst the general public did opt for cooler, skimpy clothing they didn't quite get naked. Even so it's good to be in a growing (nudist) minority.

This post was edited

To me it would be the reason to be nude even more if the season starts getting warmer quicker and staying warm longer into the autumn but if people decide to keep their cloths on and install air conditioning they will use more energy which will make the situation worse due to the pollution making the electricity.

This post was edited

wonder what they'll all say when the next Ice Age actually starts........ don't tell me, don't tell me.....Climate Change!!!!!

I know its off topic specifically about whether warming will inc ease nudity or not and tigernaked appears to be beating the denial dum, but tigernaked does have a point. There are some models that show heating getting such that it causes significantly greater cloud cover plus the weight being removed fro. Greenland and Antarctica from melting ice cause plates to shift more rapidly thus more earthquakes and volcanism. With greater cloud cover and volcanic activity it could actually cause another ice age. So yes, climate change but at astronomically faster rates than naturally would occur.

It those models played out nudism would probably get a short growth spurt and then go the other way.

This post was edited

wonder what they'll all say when the next Ice Age actually starts........ don't tell me, don't tell me.....Climate Change!!!!!I know its off topic specifically about whether warming will inc ease nudity or not and tigernaked appears to be beating the denial dum, but tigernaked does have a point. There are some models that show heating getting such that it causes significantly greater cloud cover plus the weight being removed fro. Greenland and Antarctica from melting ice cause plates to shift more rapidly thus more earthquakes and volcanism. With greater cloud cover and volcanic activity it could actually cause another ice age. So yes, climate change but at astronomically faster rates than naturally would occur.It those models played out nudism would probably get a short growth spurt and then go the other way.

To put it in a nut shell we can try to play with nature but nature will always win. If there is a spell of a lot of volcanic activities mankind would be thinned out as there would be a lack of food to feed the world population.

This post was edited