Living at GE

I'm just curious if any of this group's members live at GE? I'm seriously considering moving there, and would like any information regarding purchasing or renting.

I've reached out to GE, but haven't heard back. I regretfully moved 600 miles away and can't drop by the office anymore.

Thanks!

This topic was edited
RE:Living at GE

I've been toying with the idea of moving there too... be very curious/interested in all that you learn. Have friends who live at De Anza and they're not overjoyed with management there

This post was edited

Jeff,

Wondering if you every checked into living at GE. We used to get that email newsletter and in the newsletter there was a section on properties for sale at GE. Haven't seen a "Starlight?" newsletter in a while but it could be somewhere in the bunch of junk mail I get on my email.

We are going to visit for a few days week after next. It's tough trying to get away. Even though we are visiting and staying for a few days, we still have to come home one late afternoon/evening for an event but will return that night and have full days on each side. Looking forward to visiting the club. Haven't been in quite some time.

This post was edited

When I renewed my membership last month I asked about becoming the resident. I was given the name of someone to call who is in charge of taking folks around to the available sites and whatnot. I haven't called yet because It will still be a while until I'm finished with the remodel on my current place and can put it on the market and I don't want 2 payments!

I'm still confused as to whether sites can be purchased or only rented. I had a friend who lived their and I thought he told me he bought the space, but the office person I spoke with said they only rent. As soon as I find out more I'll post here.

I'm hoping to get there soon!

Oh, and I haven't received the email list of sites in quite a while either. It used to be around the 20th or so of every month.

This post was edited

We were there for a few days a couple months ago. We took a walk and were looking at a couple of units that were for sale and a woman came up to us and asked if she could ask any questions. We asked about buying a unit but she seemed unwilling to divulge a lot of detail info because we weren't really ready to buy yet. The process seemed more complicated than just being a member and purchasing a unit that was for sale.

Hope you'll share your experiences with us so we can get a better idea of the process. My wife saw a couple places she liked. I'm certain by the time she decides, it's okay to pull the trigger, those places will be gone. Good luck with your remodel/renovation and your purchase at GE.

This post was edited