Trip to L.P. looking at 9/14 - 9/17

I am going to throw this out. I can get a killer deal for a 50' Forever that has 2 bedrooms 1 bath and sleeps 10 for a long weekend. Rental would begin at 3 pm on the 14th and end at 10 am on the 17th. Rental would be 975.00 total plus fuel. It would be awesome if we could get a total of 10 plus anyone else with their own boats and go out as a group.

Let's see if we have any interest. The boat is at Antelope Point Marina. I know it will be a bit cool in the evenings but the days will be warm and the water should still be perfect for skinny dipping. The only time you have to be clothed is in the marina. 100 yards out and you can strip!!

This topic was edited
RE:Trip to L.P. looking at 9/14 - 9/17

AWESOME! Thank you for posting! Let me know when you are free to meet for coffee. We could possibly run down in our boat for a weekend and meet up with the group, if you get some takers!

This post was edited

Hi there, this is Ron, I would be interested in doing the LP trip. It would just be me in my party, would have to talk about the cost-sharing depending upon sleeping arrangements. What do you think would be the minimum number of people that you would want to have to make this go? I also have two jet skis, that could be fun to have with us.

This post was edited

Hi Ron - It looks like just 3 are going and the deposit would need to be made the early part of this week. Deposit is non-refundable. I am a little disappointed we did not get more interest, but then again it was rather short notice and late into the Summer and I am guessing a lot of members have already used their vacation time.

Carl and I went earlier and so to go again we would need to cut the costs I was hoping for at least 8 would go. The boat would be rather big for just 3 and no smaller units are available. So at this juncture, it is not looking promising unless we get a lot of activity in the next day or so.

Scott

This post was edited

..., but then again it was rather short notice and late into the Summer and I am guessing a lot of members have already used their vacation time....

That's us. We're just getting back home from two weeks in Sturgis SD. Maybe another time.

This post was edited

So if it's a k rent total then it works out to 100 pp, as long as you have 10 going with you guys. Please let me know if you will find all 10 people to be there for you and I hope to be there with you guys!

Kit Tman196910@gmail.com
Chris here

This post was edited

Scott what is the last day that we can actually make the reservation for the houseboat? Also if we don't make their cut off time are they not accepting late reservations, they would rather let the boat just sit empty?

This post was edited

Hello All,
We got a total of 4 that would confirm and that was not enough and the deposit is due this morning. The total for the trip with just 4 was pretty cost prohibitive. We would be looking at about 450.00 per person with rental, fuel, sewage dump fee and then food and drink on top of that. Had Barebunzfun over who is the moderator of this group and this was what we talked about.

1. Short notice and vacation time was used already so that excluded a major part of the membership from considering and participating.
2. Late in the Summer vacations have occurred and so the budget just did not allow for a spontaneous vacation even a short one.
3. Activity was slow in starting so coordinating getting funds to me to make the deposit was impossible.

One of the comments was maybe the owner would accept less. 975.00 for the rental was a crazy good deal. During the June 1 - Pioneer Day that same boat rents for 2500.00 for 7 days. Keep in mind they have to service and clean it after each rental. Lastly, when I released it last night they already had two in a queue to rent it if we did not place the deposit on time.

Having done this rental several times in the past late summer early fall will get some good deals. So come February when everyone is longing for the warm summer sun we are going to try again for an August 2019 trip. This will allow everyone to coordinate vacation time and budgets too. Putting something like this together is a logistically challenging but with plenty of notice I think it will go smoother.

Thanks for the interest and we will make this a go next year. Keep in mind I have access to boats that will hold up to 15!! Not to mention members who have private boats that will join us could make for an awesome time on the lake. Keep August 2019 in mind.

Stay Naked!!

This post was edited

Thanks for the updated information on the Lake Powell trip Scott, I'm sure Kori and you were able to hash out a lot of logistics regarding putting together such a trip. I am marking August 2019 down for the Lake Powell trip so count me in, at this time it is just me, but next August is a long time away so you never know. Given a preference, how many days on the lake do you think we will be planning for?
One other thing just as a thought, it would be fun to get together sometime in the next couple of months just to do a meet-and-greet.

This post was edited