RE:Your bathing outdoor experiences ...

With temperatures hovering near 90 almost everyday my outdoor shower is been getting a lot of use.
It's so convenient when you're hot and sweaty from being outside working in the yard to just hop in the shower, soap down and cool off. Then return to the recliner on the patio and enjoy the serenity of the trees, the birds and the butterflies....and cold beer!
I planted mint around the base of my shower now it's growing inside. What a wonderful Aroma when you're showering to smell the mint.
Lee

This post was edited

With temperatures hovering near 90 almost everyday my outdoor shower is been getting a lot of use.
It's so convenient when you're hot and sweaty from being outside working in the yard to just hop in the shower, soap down and cool off. Then return to the recliner on the patio and enjoy the serenity of the trees, the birds and the butterflies....and cold beer!
I planted mint around the base of my shower now it's growing inside. What a wonderful Aroma when you're showering to smell the mint.
Lee

This post was edited

Lee

This post was edited

What a great idea with the mint, Lee!

This post was edited

As nudists, outdoor showers are that added amenity you just shouldn't do without. We've had 3 outdoor showers, one at each of the homes we've owned. The first one was a crude PVC pipe with fittings that connected to the garden hose. I attached the piping to the wooden patio cover we had built and attached a shower head. Cold water only but it was still great on those hot days. They got better as we moved to newer homes. Costco had one you attached to the garden hose but I had a friend help me run hot and cold water to the area were the outdoor shower was and that was probably my favorite of the three, including this current outdoor shower that completely tiled and plumbed to it's own hot water heater.

My wife doesn't take as many outdoor showers as I do but during the summer and on hotter Winter, Spring and Fall days, she likes having the shower outdoors for those times when she's been working in the yard or after she gets out of the pool or hot tub. We have a sign over the shower that reads; "Showers $1, to watch, $2" . Needless to say, I'm usually broke by the end of the week! And she never gives me any change!!! :DDD

Attached two photos; 1st one is of our second outdoor shower. I put those trellis planters up to give my wife the privacy she wanted because the neighbor kid would jump up on the wall and watch us shower. He was only 5 or 6 at the time. I'd ask him politely to get down and he did. The 2nd picture is of our current outdoor shower. The picture is from 02/08, right after we put the backyard in.

This post was edited

Our motorhome, probably like most RV's, has an outdoor shower attachment. I'm currently working on replacing the facet assembly, shower head and hose. The last time we used it at our club, the pressure was pretty crappy and I found that the facet assembly had cracked and I was leaking water and pressure. I'm looking for a shower head holder that I can attach to the coach so the shower head is hands free. It'll be a rinse off shower and not one that we'll use soap or shampoo. My wife enjoys the semi outdoor gang shower at the club for those types of showers.

As you can see from the pictures I uploaded, the current outdoor shower, the one with blue diamond shaped tile, is not entirely private and my wife is not as comfortable taking a complete shower out there but does use it frequently to rinse off after skinny dipping in the pool, using the hot tub or after working the in the yard.

This post was edited

Andy I know you have seen a pic or 2 of our RV shower. Is hanging the shower handle something like ours what you had in mind? Yes I have replaced a few Outdoor shower faucets. 3 campers I have bought before our last one to be exact came with cracked ones. It is common they are forgotten about when getting winterized in turn freeze and bust. I asked the RV supply house guy why they don't make a better quality brass faucet assy. He said laughing then we wouldn't be selling a ton of these cheap plastic one's!

This post was edited

Hey Rock! Yeah, seen your RV outdoor shower and we had the similar shower head and holder but I changed shower heads (larger pattern) and need a different holder. Your pic of Luann using your RV outdoor shower inspired me to take one of Di using ours, our last stay at the club! It's up on my bulletin board next to my computer! ;D

This post was edited

Yes Andy I am widely known to be all inspiring....cough! If you want send me a pic of what your dealing with and I'll brain storm with you.

This post was edited

Will do! Motorhome's in storage. Give me a week or so and I'll send it to your email. Thanks for the help! ;D

This post was edited