RE:Pee shy?

For those of you who have never dealt with this, it's not what you think.
It's not penis shy but pee shy. For me, I have no problem with or embarrassed by what I have and it has nothing to do with someone else seeing your penis, but the actual urinating part itself. I guess it sounds strange to some. It's kind of like needing to sneeze but you just can't.
Not being able to go is the embarrassing part.
It can be really annoying, especially if others are waiting.
It has more to do with being a "private person" to some respect not by what you have or don't have.
I like my privacy when sitting as well, probably most do. Sort of the same thing.

This post was edited

not pee shy at all, not show penis shy either in restroom or elsewhere. I do see a lot of people diverting themself directly to the cabin with doors when e.g. only two pee stations are available and one is already occupied. Dont understand why.

This post was edited

Yes Lee, I understand, my wife is restroom shy, even with me around. She has to close the door, she can talk to me as long as the door is closed. In public restrooms, she worries that the next person would think she left the room smelling so she doesnt like when someone goes in right after her. The struggle is real.

This post was edited

I wouldn't say pee shy but have to make sure there's a urinal separating me from the next guy. LOL!

Same here. Not a being seen type of thing, just want my personal space during some activities.

This post was edited

I never have a problem with it. I just don't like public restrooms. They're nasty!

This post was edited

Yes, Rest Room, or Bathrooms? I have yet to see comfy couches or a bath. Why can't we just say Lavatory or Toilet. Most cafes, restaurants and council facilities in Australia, now simply say "toilets". Also the traditional dank smell is a thing of the past in most places, thank goodness

This post was edited

They are called "Men's Room" or "Women's Room"

This post was edited

I had this issue as a gay man young who was aware also got hard instantly when pants off and dreading any public urinal. My fears were that men would look, that I would look at them, that they would freak out, and that the world would know the horrors. Even after coming out and doing WS (pee play) I had this issue. This is because it is reflexive and developed young. You don't think it, you feel it, usually the hormones in the urine and the exposure to cold air off the porcelain does it. Mammals like us either harden when they smell other male's urine or they soften. Most nervous men soften and the chill makes it shrink up faster, also seizing the bladder. Once the process starts, adrenaline fear response because it is traumatic in some ways and this blocks the process further. My solution. I noticed at the pub when after one pitcher of beer the piss flowed easily although I went in when no one was there. The pressure, the diuresis of the booze and the effects of the depressant relaxed the area and it didn't tense up. So what I did was every time I went further back from my usual glued to the cold porcelain penis in water stance to half a foot and peed (straight guys do it why not me), then a half more...until I was 4 feet back slashing accross the room into the urinal with perfect accuracy. Then two metal heads walked in to smoke a joint. I kinda froze they did too and then the one says "whoa dude, that;s a fucking righteous slash"...they watched me finish moving closer as the stream slowed not spilling a drop...applause. Straight guys like piss contests of absurd dimensions and I had become one of them...and was never shy again because I realized i could be just as absurd and the more penis I showed and the more outrageous it was the less gay they thought I was.

This post was edited

Lots of people are. I dont know why exactly but I suspect its something developed when young that they havent been able to overcome or didnt want to. Ive been in a mens room with 4 urinals and only one occupied. Another guy comes in and goes to a stall to take a leak. Some even close and latch the door. Im thinking WTH? You can see their feet under the stall and hear it hitting the water but they have to lock themselves in the stall. I really dont get it but its one of those hang ups that really doesnt matter much to me except for me laughing inside every time it happens.

This post was edited

For those of you who have never dealt with this, it's not what you think.It's not penis shy but pee shy. For me, I have no problem with or embarrassed by what I have and it has nothing to do with someone else seeing your penis, but the actual urinating part itself. I guess it sounds strange to some. It's kind of like needing to sneeze but you just can't..

This describes it perfectly. It is not a conscious choice. I don't care if someone sees me, obviously. There's just a strange mental block when I have to pee. There are times I have to go really bad, but my plumbing just won't cooperate. I'd be standing there, piece in hand, and my muscles just refuse to let go.

I lived on the road for about 3-4 months, consequently using a lot of public rest areas and washrooms, so I have gotten less pee-shy recently. I can at least use one of the urinals instead of the stalls. However, open-air bushes? Trough urinals? Nope. Can't do it. I may want to, but my bladder will refuse.

This post was edited