RE:Why so many gay guys?

I would like to point out a kettle something here about sexual thrills.

I learned something many years ago. " Nothing and no one is as they appear or purport to be.

Gay people often times make comments and gestures that appear or sound to be sexual come ones, but these come out many times as reactions of fear, embarrassment, shyness, awkwardness, nervousness, and or just not knowing what to say, especially in from of someone they like, respect, want the attention of, etc., etc.

Dogs often times mount the legs of human beings, but that in no terms means they are sexually attracted or are in love withbperson or leg but is often times a display of nervous excitement.

So straight man, don't let your ego go to your HEAD, it's likely not what you hope it to be. You just might not be that appealing.

Sorry, just joking a bit, but to make a point. I would never want to offend you guys or anyone.

This post was edited

And now we know all the scientific studies are wrong. The world is full of gays, bisexuals, curious, etc. The 10 to 15% is just wrong. In 1970s when I came out as gay, I made the comment that the whole world is gay, those who are denying it, those who are figuring it out, those who know butbwontbtel, those who are out in all their flaming colorful glory, and those few who are not, could not be, but wish they we're! It was just meant to be my reaction to the surprise to find so many much like me and for so many years I thought I was the only one, all alone, and a horrible misfit, mistake, genetically corrupted piece of feces who would never be loved or respected or accepted and everything about my life was makebelief and lies. Today, anyone who is insulted by my existence, first I say to he'll with you, second I say let's compare my life, my achievement, my contributions to society, and see who ranks best. You compete with me, you walk half a mile in my shoes, and then say I don't belong.

This post was edited

For starters there are few large naturist clubs in the UK that don't market themselves to swingers and people wanting sex.

This post was edited

For starters there are few large naturist clubs in the UK that don't market themselves to swingers and people wanting sex.

Once again, how do you know this?

Or are you just making shit up?

This post was edited

First of all, the question "Why so many gay guys?" could be turned around: "Why so few straight guys?" To me, that is a more interesting question: how come so many straight guys (and gals) are brought up to be non-naturists, and continue being non-naturists all their lives?

Secondly, I believe part of the answer is to be found in the experiences of youth. Lots of straight people grow up without ever being naked with people of the opposite sex. Thus, being naked with people of the opposite sex (which is, for them, also the people they are sexually interested in), become associated with shame and with sexuality. I have straight friends who claim that they do not dare to go to a nude beach out of a fear that they will get an erection when they see a naked person of the opposite sex. Moreover, there is a social stigma connected to naturism in many localities.

For gays, the situation is quite different. Gay men grow up being naked with people of the same sex all the time. Thus, they learn the easy way that being naked together with people they may be sexually attracted to, is not really connected to sex. Also, gay men learn, through hours of locker room time through their youth, that they will not get an erection simply by seeing a naked person of the same sex. Or if they do, it's not too difficult to hide it in most circumstances. Going to a nude beach is no big deal, as nudity is already normal. (Of course, adding some nude women to the mix of people they see is not going to cause trouble.) Also, out gay men have already faced a bigger social stigma than naturism, and have made the decision to be themselves, in spite of the social consequences. Then, "coming out" as a naturist is not such a big deal.

So my maybe controversial opinion is that gay men (and women) grow up having a more healthy relationship to their bodies than straight men (and women), as straight people are brought up to believe that being naked with people of the sex that you are sexually attracted to, is shameful and frightening. (Of course, I'm not talking on an individual basis, there will be lots and lots of exceptions to this "rule".)

What are other explanations for why there are so few straight people here?

This post was edited

Why are so many straight nudists swingers? Let's have a thread about that.

Same can be said about gay nudists. I went to a friends home recently and he said no hanky panky. Untrue. When 5 guys showed up it was time for boner party. I excused myself and left. Nudity is what you make of it. Just make your intentions clear.

This post was edited

because society looks down on a female if they think she sleeps around. = less females willing to go nude.

because if a legit female got on here with nudes she would get like 300 messages in 2 days.

so you get mostly guys here then since more guys are here its a good place for gays to look for guys they may like.

was same way in real life. saw 8 guys (half being gay) before you see one woman.

This post was edited

I think a lot of straight men are free but held back by wives from going. so people would see a greater amount of gay people then you would see in greater textile community.if only 20 percent were held back the gay proposition would seem larger.i really don't know if it makes sense to you but it does to me.I am straight.

This post was edited

First of all, the question "Why so many gay guys?" could be turned around: "Why so few straight guys?" To me, that is a more interesting question: how come so many straight guys (and gals) are brought up to be non-naturists, and continue being non-naturists all their lives?Secondly, I believe part of the answer is to be found in the experiences of youth. Lots of straight people grow up without ever being naked with people of the opposite sex. Thus, being naked with people of the opposite sex (which is, for them, also the people they are sexually interested in), become associated with shame and with sexuality. I have straight friends who claim that they do not dare to go to a nude beach out of a fear that they will get an erection when they see a naked person of the opposite sex. Moreover, there is a social stigma connected to naturism in many localities.For gays, the situation is quite different. Gay men grow up being naked with people of the same sex all the time. Thus, they learn the easy way that being naked together with people they may be sexually attracted to, is not really connected to sex. Also, gay men learn, through hours of locker room time through their youth, that they will not get an erection simply by seeing a naked person of the same sex. Or if they do, it's not too difficult to hide it in most circumstances. Going to a nude beach is no big deal, as nudity is already normal. (Of course, adding some nude women to the mix of people they see is not going to cause trouble.) Also, out gay men have already faced a bigger social stigma than naturism, and have made the decision to be themselves, in spite of the social consequences. Then, "coming out" as a naturist is not such a big deal.So my maybe controversial opinion is that gay men (and women) grow up having a more healthy relationship to their bodies than straight men (and women), as straight people are brought up to believe that being naked with people of the sex that you are sexually attracted to, is shameful and frightening. (Of course, I'm not talking on an individual basis, there will be lots and lots of exceptions to this "rule".)What are other explanations for why there are so few straight people here?
I have had similar thoughts about why nudity appears to be more common among gay men.
While gay men appear to be overrepresented, there are still plenty of straight people on this site.

This post was edited

Many gay men see nudity as a way of exhibiting there sexuality.

That's like saying: Many straight nudist males from Leicestershire are antagonists!

This post was edited