First time at a clothing optional beach

My first experience is a bit mixed. I enjoyed the sun and breeze as well as the water, alternated between swimming and sunning. However, I did find it a bit boring and did not stay for more than about an hour. I have to say that my observations of other people were the most interesting.

One guy wearing only a hat waded into the crotch deep water with a beer in hand and stood facing the shore. He later walked up to calf deep.
A group of four women came, three of them went topless. The fourth changed into a very revealing one piece without completely disrobing. The process of removing bra and panties was an interesting thing to watch. All of them went into the water to swim.
Another couple went for a swim, she nude he in a swim suit.
Two women who were nude waded into the water up to their ankles and stood there talking.

I could go back if I wanted to cool off, but that is what air conditioning is for. I suppose it would have been more enjoyable with some company.

This topic was edited
RE:First time at a clothing optional beach

I have always found simple sunbathing a total boring switch-off.
I usually only go to the beach to swim and walk naked back to the apartment afterwards.

This post was edited

Nudity is always more fun with a buddy. That though is a problem as when I find the weather perfect and an opening in my schedule I dont have time to arrange a meet with a buddy.

However, I do enjoy alone time too so a naked hike or naked sun time helps my spirit.

This post was edited

It's always more fun if you can socialize with a friend or make one while there. Least you got some sun.

This post was edited

I used to think the same thing. It was rather boring at first but I have found ways to entertain myself. I either tan, swim, surf, or take a nice long walk where I people watch. Whether at San Onofre or Blacks I always do the same thing. I have yet to bring beer since I do not want to be buzzed when trying to make the long hike back up the cliff.

I have even started to strike up conversations with other nude people.

This post was edited

I love nature, and beach nature can be very interesting. But a beach with nothing but sand and water gets boring pretty fast. Which is why I didn't work too hard to go when I found the nature observation region to be off limits. Walking a few miles along a little used beach seeing all the birds and crabs and whatever is there was my interest, and doing it nude just a little benefit to comfort, not much.

This post was edited

I've frequented my local nude beach by myself but it would be nice to go with friends. I took my husband there twice and that was nice. I just feel like I would have way more fun if I went with more people I'm close with.

This post was edited

Walking the beach here would not take very long so that could become rather boring too. There isn't much sand between the rocky shoreline and a sea wall, and I'd guess it is no more than 100 yards long.

This post was edited

I am not much for laying in the sun so I understand how the alone at the beach can become boring. I have more fun too when I share beach time with friends. But on big beaches like Black's or Haulover a walk or jog and several trips into the surf are very satisfying. Just depends on my mood, I guess.

This post was edited

I, too, find beaches really boring after the first couple of dips in the ocean and enough time lying on my towel to warm up and dry off. I generally don't visit a beach unless there's a nice walk to be had, shade to explore, trees to climb.

This post was edited

take a book, take a picnic, take something to do just as you would to any beach. why people think going to a nude beach is going to be an entertainment event for them baffles me. Since when did other nudes need to put on a show for the hapless individuals. I go, i people watch, i swim, snorkel, chat, eat, sleep, read, do yoga, stretch, do endless wildlife hunting (not killing). Listen to music, write, play cards. make a camp fire, litter pick, walk, run, skim stones etc. In other words I entertain myself just as i would anywhere else. I see people arrive and they are almost desperate for something to happen, they are constantly looking around, restless, and then pack up and go shortly after arriving, just what is it they expect to see?

Yes, I suppose I should have been better prepared. I did have a book I could have taken, but since I rarely go to any beach, I did not think to take it with me. For the most part my beach time over the last few years has been spent digging in the sand with my grand children. Not much sand at this beach and no grandchildren as they were in school. I did go into the water several times, enjoyed my swim time and did find my observations interesting. Since it is a small beach with few people on it, those observations did not take a lot of time.

This post was edited