Nudist or exhibitionist?

Are you a nudist or an exhibitionist or both?

This topic was edited
RE:Nudist or exhibitionist?

Nudist, exhibitionist, and voyeur.

I flaunt it and you should too.

This post was edited

Ill go with Option C: Naturist. When I'm naked I feel that's how I'm meant to be. When I'm naked with others, I feel like that's how we're all meant to be together. Sure there's an element of seeing and being seen, and maybe even flaunting it. But that's all about doing in a setting where the spirit is free. Can't we just be more, with nudity as a gentle teacher? If we go from clothes pride to no clothes pride, aren't our brains textiled over either way? Rather, let's just stand naked, drawing the energy of the earth and sky and celebrate this freedom that essentially defines us, reminding us who we really are.

On the other hand, maybe I'm trying to claim is Option B: exhibitionist. My soul is hanging free in the breeze of life, too big to be considered erect or flacid, glorious in the glory of others and the universe around me. So forgive me if I'm weirding out in the immediacy of it all, but I know deep down that I can just be quiet and be, for it's all good.

This post was edited

Ill go with Option C: Naturist. When I'm naked I feel that's how I'm meant to be. When I'm naked with others, I feel like that's how we're all meant to be together. Sure there's an element of seeing and being seen, and maybe even flaunting it. But that's all about doing in a setting where the spirit is free. Can't we just be more, with nudity as a gentle teacher? If we go from clothes pride to no clothes pride, aren't our brains textiled over either way? Rather, let's just stand naked, drawing the energy of the earth and sky and celebrate this freedom that essentially defines us, reminding us who we really are.On the other hand, maybe I'm trying to claim is Option B: exhibitionist. My soul is hanging free in the breeze of life, too big to be considered erect or flacid, glorious in the glory of others and the universe around me. So forgive me if I'm weirding out in the immediacy of it all, but I know deep down that I can just be quiet and be, for it's all good.

This is the best thing Ive read all week. Absolutely love it and resonate with this. Much appreciated!

This post was edited

Nice post, Stone Andy - very well said.

This post was edited

I'm defiantly both. I love to see others as well as be seen. From the very first time I was openly nude around others to the very first time I openly pleasured myself in front of someone I have enjoyed the thrill of being seen nude. It's nice to know that others appreciate seeing me as well. It doesn't always have to be sexual but it is always fun.

This post was edited

I think we are all a little bit of a voyeur and an exhibitionist. I prefer the term nudist to naturist since naturist comes across as some sort of a politically correct reaction, and when I got to clothing optional resorts, I see more sign of people simple going naked rather than getting back to nature.

This post was edited

Nudism for me is about freedom and connecting with the senses. It is sensual rather than sexual, but nudists have sex and more often than not are free of sexual hang ups. Exhibitionism / voyeurism is a sexual fetish, and a natural one for nudists to be drawn to. It plays with ideas of control and freedom and of vulnerability and trust. For me they are linked.

This post was edited

I do believe to be honest if your a nudist then your are a little bit of all three. Im a nudist not for any sexual reasons but being clothes free just plain feels the best. No pinching or pulling of constantly straightening what your wearing. The feeling of the sun, the wind, the freedom is absolutely bliss. I also enjoy seeing the human body natural and pure. All shapes and sizes are Gods perfect creation. We are just happier going naked. We should all be proud and enjoy being naked, seeing and being seen. So vouyerist yes, exhabitionist yes, natural nudist YES! but in a completely non sexual maner. Voyeurism and exhabisionist are sexual words in natural associated with being naked. I like to see, I like to be seen, but not to be sexual but to be free!!

This post was edited

I'm so happy to see that in this group at least nobody insists on the politically correct- -hypocritical actually- -dogma that nudism has nothing to do with sexuality and sexual needs or any deeper private instinct. Like, in a social gathering of nudists you are not supposed to look further down than somebody's eyes. Come on! Most of us have been brought up to fear exposing our private parts to strangers, never mind going naked in public. I for one, have had this recurring dream of stepping out naked in a fully-clothed public environment (the dream never gives a particular reason why) and feeling embarrassed and defiant in equal measure. And in anyone who has chosen a nudist lifestyle I suspect there remains this sense of vulnerability in the presence of others- -even though they are as naked as you are- -and a sense of daring in the overcoming of a deeply-rooted taboo. Then, just because shared nudity is for the most part associated with sex, and because sex is by definition nude, casual or gratuitous social nudity cannot be isolated from sexual urges. And all of this brings on the sense of complete liberation from social bans, and the excitement of sharing that with other liberated fellow-humans. Shame is a curious thing: it is mortifying, because you are doing something 'wrong', but it is also gratifying because deep down that which may be wrong to others is a source of pleasure to you. So, by all means, yes to exhibitionism and yes to voyeurism, and yes even to sensuality/sexulity in a nudist setting. I have seen many erections on the beach and even couples, straight or gay, having sex, and if they dont mind showing, why should I mind seeing? After all, you can always say 'No' or look the other way. Being scandalised by the preconceived notion of an assault on your finer sensibility, never mind the imagined prospect of a physical assault, is a thing best left in the locker with your clothes.

This post was edited

I'm so happy to see that in this group at least nobody insists on the politically correct- -hypocritical actually- -dogma that nudism has nothing to do with sexuality and sexual needs or any deeper private instinct. Like, in a social gathering of nudists you are not supposed to look further down than somebody's eyes. Come on! Most of us have been brought up to fear exposing our private parts to strangers, never mind going naked in public. I for one, have had this recurring dream of stepping out naked in a fully-clothed public environment (the dream never gives a particular reason why) and feeling embarrassed and defiant in equal measure. And in anyone who has chosen a nudist lifestyle I suspect there remains this sense of vulnerability in the presence of others- -even though they are as naked as you are- -and a sense of daring in the overcoming of a deeply-rooted taboo. Then, just because shared nudity is for the most part associated with sex, and because sex is by definition nude, casual or gratuitous social nudity cannot be isolated from sexual urges. And all of this brings on the sense of complete liberation from social bans, and the excitement of sharing that with other liberated fellow-humans. Shame is a curious thing: it is mortifying, because you are doing something 'wrong', but it is also gratifying because deep down that which may be wrong to others is a source of pleasure to you. So, by all means, yes to exhibitionism and yes to voyeurism, and yes even to sensuality/sexulity in a nudist setting. I have seen many erections on the beach and even couples, straight or gay, having sex, and if they dont mind showing, why should I mind seeing? After all, you can always say 'No' or look the other way. Being scandalised by the preconceived notion of an assault on your finer sensibility, never mind the imagined prospect of a physical assault, is a thing best left in the locker with your clothes.

Very well said and I agree with you.

This post was edited