How do I start my own group?

How do I start my own group? Can I take over as moderator in a group where the moderator has not logged in for years?

This topic was edited
RE:How do I start my own group?

Pretty easy to start your own group - First do a good search of the topic you are considering to see if maybe there is already such a group or one that is very similar. If you can't find any kind of match, then click on the "GROUPS" menu topic at the top of the page and you'll find a "button" near the upper-right area of the page that says. "Creat a New Group.." Click on that button and you're on your way.

For your other question, can you take over an existing group where the moderator/owner hasn't signed in for a very long time: That is possible; I've seen it done a few times but it's a little more complicated. Send a message to TeamTrue1, "the creator, sole programmer, and administrator of the site" and explain what you would like to do. It might take a while for TT1 to get back to you as it's a pretty big job to run this place. That's how to get started though.

Good luck on both ventures.

This post was edited

Thanks, that's very helpful.

This post was edited

It seems like there is already a group for everything, what are you thing about starting up?
Just being noisy.
Tanks,

This post was edited

I was thinking of starting my own group as one I had just joined turned out to be 'created' and run by somebody who had not logged in for seven years! There are a few other groups where the moderator is absent. The group I was interested in is 'Nudism and Spirituality.' Some of the other members wanted to keep the group going, and encouraged me to do the job. Anyway, I contacted Teamtrue2 and explained the situation. Two days later I was made moderator. The group is not about religion, but how you feel when you are nude and in tune with nature. If you would like to join just go to the group page and apply.
Best wishes, Dave

This post was edited