Naked River Kayak/Float Adventure

Would any of our friends(or friends of yours) be interested in a naked kayaking adventure (or float) down the Raccoon River in Iowa? We'd love to plan and organize something if there's enough interest. Plenty of sand/rock bars to beach on as well as wildlife and scenery to take in. We are thinking early August. The water level is a little high right now and the sand bars are covered, but by late July/early August we expect it to be great. Let us know.

This topic was edited
RE:Naked River Kayak/Float Adventure

This sounds like fun! Is there a place where my wife and I could rent a canoe? If the date falls when we're free, we'd like to come up.

This post was edited

I think there is a place next to the lake here, but not sure if they would allow you to take it away from the lake.

This post was edited

That sounds like fun. We're busy the weekend of the 4th, but after that could maybe work. We're in northern MN.

This post was edited

Just checked the water level yesterday and it's still pretty high. We'll keep checking periodically and keep everyone posted.

This post was edited

Yes, Yes, Yes, please keep us in mind if there is one being planned. I understand there are a few stretches of that river with few crossroads or houses. Probably too late this year but next week is all upper 70's.

This post was edited

Sounds awesome

This post was edited

this sounds great count me in . I can bring extra Kayak and maybe a cunoe . for someone to use . Let me know when?

This post was edited

Lets all look at our calendars and pick some dates in May or June. The sooner we set a date the less likely it gets filled by something else.

Sunnmaxx

This post was edited

I may try this this year!

This post was edited

I would love to join in but I know the Iowa law frowns upon nudity. What assurances do we have that we won't get busted in the process? Is there a permit needed or something I don't know.

This post was edited