Stephen King

I had avoided Stephen King finding that this writing was too weird for me. However, I have now read several of his books and find that they are still well written and imaginative even if weird! Years ago I had watched the movie "Pet Cemetary" when I realized that parts were filmed in my hometown. I also had seen the movie "Tommyknockers" and from there I began to read King's books. I guess he will always seem a bit weird to me, but I wonder how many on here have read and like Stephen King.

This topic was edited
RE:Stephen King

I used to read that everything King put out, back in his early days. That was high school and young adulthood for me. In fact The Stand is one of the few books I read twice. Salem's Lot scared the *(%& out of me while vacationing solo in an old cottage. Somehow drifted away from his style books as the years went by. Maybe I should reinvestigate his newer works for a change of pace.

This post was edited

Also look for his work under "Richard Bachman", a nom de plume for some of his stuff. Love his collections of short stories.

I'd have to say that Tommyknockers and Langoliers have to be my favorites of his. Running Man is so much different than the Arnie movie

This post was edited

Have you read the Dark Tower series and if so what did you think if it.
No, I haven't had the chance to, but I know several people that have and they enjoyed it. I have read "The Eyes of the Dragon" which is in-world with the Dark Tower series and does tie it all together with "The Stand" with The Man in Black/Randall Flagg.

Dreamcatcher is another one that far surpasses the movie version (of course, don't most novels?) and I actually thought the movie was pretty good.

One of his Bachman novels that I think is even dark and twisted for him...which says a LOT...is "The Long Walk", kind of a cross between Running Man and Hunger Games.

This post was edited

I am pretty much limited to reading what has come out in Large Print, therefore, all of Stephen King is not available to me. I don't own a lot of books due to limited space so I let the local library branch store them for me.

This post was edited

I think the font size on a Kindle can be adjusted so that any book can count as a large print book. And if your local library is anything like mine, it's possible to check out e-books from a national pool available to libraries for reading on that Kindle. If you haven't started reading e-books yet, it might be worth checking out (so to speak :-)

This post was edited