Scars

I had a recent open heart surgery. I now have scars on my chest from surgery. So, if I am always "Daffy Duck"-ing it. I tend to wear a shirt because people stare. Any body else deal with this?

This topic was edited
RE:Scars

I had a recent open heart surgery. I now have scars on my chest from surgery. So, if I am always "Daffy Duck"-ing it. I tend to wear a shirt because people stare. Any body else deal with this?

It is a good idea to not expose your scar to the sun for the first 12 months after surgery. If you do expose your scars to the sun before then, it may well bleach your scar making it paler than the rest of your skin, and also less likely to tan at the same rate, meaning your scar would always be lighter than the rest of you.

After that, I would say wear your scar with pride - it's a sign you're still breathing :D

This post was edited

I recently had major back surgery with a 6 inch incision. I wear it proudly, having survived the 6 hour operation and now without the nerve compression that plagued me for years. Im nude whenever possible. The scar is simply part of me now.

This post was edited

Nov . 29 , 2018 .

I had major back surgery in 1981 . Have an 8 inch scar down the middle of my spine , along with a rib line scar from the removal of a rib , and a hip scar from removal of a piece of hip . All were used . after getting ground up and adding good ' glue ' , for reconstructive spinal - fusion surgery . They needed to rebuild one of my vertebrae , giving me my original height back that was lost the previous summer from a bad bicycle accident . Had shattered the vertebrae , but fortunately did not result in paralysis .

Been naked at a beach for the last 5 years . Have never been bothered by others seeing any of my scars , even when wearing shorts in public . Those scars are just a part of me . They are a story all their own .

Have a Hernia scar too . Three inch scar from 2001 that is sometimes noticeable on my shaved pubic area around the waistline . It exists .
Steve

This post was edited

I have scars across my back and shoulders, bothered me so I got a tattoo that covers the big shoulder one. I actually now go without a shirt when ever I can.

This post was edited

I have about a 3 inch scar across my upper arm where they removed a very aggressive basil cell skin cancer. Not only did it grow very quickly over the Christmas Holidays but also grew inward. Had 6 stitches on the inside and I think 12 on the outside to close up that gap. Am planning on getting a tattoo over it someday. I also have a small scar on my chest from another skin cancer that was removed. 60+ years in the sun does take it's toll.

This post was edited

My shoulder scar was also a skin cancer. The scar is 4 to 5 inches in Dia. And my tattoo covers about half of it. Have lots of small skin cancer scars, most on my back. I keep them natural just lots of them.

This post was edited

I had a recent open heart surgery. I now have scars on my chest from surgery. So, if I am always "Daffy Duck"-ing it. I tend to wear a shirt because people stare. Any body else deal with this?It is a good idea to not expose your scar to the sun for the first 12 months after surgery. If you do expose your scars to the sun before then, it may well bleach your scar making it paler than the rest of your skin, and also less likely to tan at the same rate, meaning your scar would always be lighter than the rest of you.After that, I would say wear your scar with pride - it's a sign you're still breathing :D

Good to know on the exposure time after surgery. I wish the skin doctor would have told me that when I had it done.

This post was edited

I have seen some wonderful scars. Woman on the beach, in a bikini. Scar from her navel down into her bikini. To, me, it said that she loves and is loved -- because I knew it was a caesarian scar.

This post was edited