Audio books ?

I work outside with my hands. When I come home, if I try to read, I fall to sleep so fast. So the wife downloads books from city library. On to my MP3 player. I go through so many books now. I have the ear phone in just one ear. So if people ask a question, I pause the book and just start up where I stopped. The wife has read and listen to at the same time. Also some books are better on audio. Christopher Moore /Fisher Stevens "Lamb-Gospel According to Biff Christ Childhood Pal"

This topic was edited
RE:Audio books ?

I mainly use audio books while I'm driving. Lately I've been downloading various free audiobooks from librivox.org. These are all public domain books and recordings, read by volunteers. This means they're usually older works from the 1800s or early 1900s, but there are still a lot of good stories to be found from that era. It's a good way to make a long drive pass.

This post was edited

I have just discovered the librarys audio books as well. I have gotten to the point radio drives me insane with the adds etc. Now I just download a book and listen on my commute. Get there so much more relaxed! Thanks for the heads up on the old books audio, gonna have to go find that.

This post was edited

Edgar Rice Burroughs His books are great to listen to. Older style of writing but the series of different books are fun.

This post was edited

I think I have every Edgar Rice Burroughs book he wrote and have read all of them except the Tarzan ones. Collected them back in the 1970s and they still grace my bookshelf. I was excited when I saw that they were making a movie with John Carter / Mars, but like everyone else disappointed when it came out.

This post was edited