First time visit -- AWESOME!

Last month, I was in Austin for work and decided to visit Hippie Hollow. This place is legendary, so I finally decided to go see for myself. I have never been to a nude beach before, never been to a nudist resort, or anything like that. I flew in on a weekday morning, and decided to go spend the afternoon there. I've never been naked in public before and didn't want it to be crowded. Thankfully, there were only about 6 other cars in the parking lot. A buddy had dared me to get naked as soon as I got on the trail, but he knows me. He knew I'd probably check it out first and wait until I found my "spot" before stripping down. I was a bit nervous. Just after getting on the trail, I saw a naked guy way ahead on the trail. So I knew at that point I wouldn't be the only one. I continued walking (clothed) and a couple minutes later another naked guy passed me. I finally caught up to the first guy and we spoke briefly. After chatting with him and seeing a couple of others, I finally decided it was time. So I stopped at a bench, stripped naked and put my clothes in my backpack. I was now dressed just like everyone else -- nothing but a baseball cap, backpack and sneakers. I only saw about 6-8 other people the entire time I was there.

It was an awesome afternoon, despite being gray and cloudy. The temperature was perfect for being naked outside. We even had some light rain -- there can't be anything like being naked outside in the rain! I enjoyed lounging on the rocks for quite a while, enjoying the fleeting moments of sun as it would break through the clouds. After walking back the bathroom (naked, of course), I happened upon the first guy again. We actually hang out for about an hour or so. It was great to talk and make a new friend, both of us naked. We stayed through the sunset, then headed out together. We stopped just before the parking lot to get dressed and a park ranger came along. It was really cool that he stopped and chatted with us, too, asking how we had enjoyed the afternoon. It's great to experience a place where nudity is legal and protected.

It was a great first time at Hippie Hollow, and only my second time to spend some extended time naked outside. It was exhilarating to be so free with absolutely no need for modesty or shame. So amazing to feel the breeze and sun on my skin. Can't wait to go back there!

This topic was edited
RE:First time visit -- AWESOME!

Thanks for sharing your trip report.
Glad that you had a good time.
I wish it was closer, I be there every weekend!
Later,

This post was edited

Tjats awesome that you enjoyed the park that way!! Hippie Hollow is a very nice park. The lake is beautiful and water is cmveey comfortable. I'm glad your experience was great.

I haven't gone in a long time unfortunately. The first time I did go it was a mixed experience. I enjoyed the park but some older men acted inappropriately and made my first experience worse. Fortunately I've had good experiences since then. Even went with a buddy one time. It's gotten better and being a safer place over the last several years I think.

This post was edited

Glad you also found hippie hollow awesome. I grew up in austin and went years ago. Rediscovered it several years ago and cant get enough. Liberating and exhilarating.

This post was edited

Hey,
Baby steps. It will come to you.
And then one day you'll say to someone "why do they want to wear clothes to swim in".
Later,

This post was edited

Great story, OP. Glad you had such a nice time. It reminded me of how I felt the first time I visited a nude beach, in my case Black's in San Diego. I was so determined to have the experience that I rented a "Rent a Wreck" in LA to drive down there. So worth it. Hope you have lots more opportunities.

This post was edited

Hopefully I can visit this beach by my trip in June-July.
Absolutely agree on the rain walk. It feels great.
Cheers:)

This post was edited

My first naked beach experience was at Rooster Rock, near Portland Oregon. It was a short hike and I didnt get naked until I found a place along the water to lay on my towel naked. Enjoyed the freedom under the warmth of the sun and watched others that were naked on the beach. After awhile I decided to take a naked walk along the beach and into the nearby wooded and grass area. I would pass others that were naked on the trail that were also out looking for that perfect place or remote beach to enjoy while naked.

Awesome. I didnt know of that beach either. Good to know there's more than one :)

Hope to go to that beach too on my trip there this year

This post was edited

Glad you had a great first time. My experience too. But csn hrlp yourself meeting others by posting when going. Im looking to have others to meet out there as well. Jagaustinawesome@gmail.com.

This post was edited

Glad you had a great first time. My experience too. But csn hrlp yourself meeting others by posting when going. Im looking to have others to meet out there as well. Jagaustinawesome@gmail.com.

This post was edited