RE:How did you get into nudism?

When I was 13, I tried sleeping without pyjama's. I found this so much more comfortable, I got rid of all my pyjama's the next day, and have been sleeping naked ever since. I could no be naked around the house though, as my parents did not approve of that. So I had to wait until I moved out at age 18 to be naked at home all the time. And I still do that.

This post was edited

On some level I have always preferred to be nude. As a kid I was constantly taking off my clothes. It wasnt until I lived alone that I started being naked at home full time and started going to the nude beach.

This post was edited

Probably when we bought a house with a pool.
I would swim naked at night and then go to bed nude, which lead to me sleeping nude all the time.
From there I began to be nude at home at times when no one was here except my wife or I was alone.
Also started visiting the nearest nude beach.
A few years ago I needed a new fence around the pool so I replaced th e 4' chain link with 6' Cedar, allowing me to swim and sun nude in the daytime.

This post was edited

When I was about 12-14 years old, I read a newspaper article about nudist beaches and communities, and the people who were a part of them, complete with photos. It was like a light switch was flipped on. I was fascinated with the article and read it multiple times, even keeping it hidden among my things in my room. I decided to try it for myself. After school, I was often home for an hour or two before anyone else, so I began watching TV and doing my homework naked. It felt wonderful, and I daydreamed of living in a neighborhood where I and everyone else could be naked all the time.

But as I got older, I got heavier and hairier, and body issues started kicking in, and I had less and less desire to be naked. Over the years, my appetite to be socially nude dissipated.

The spark was obviously still there though, waiting to be lit. A few years ago, I watched a news program that jokingly visited a nearby nudist campground. Once again, that mental switch was flipped on. I researched that campground as much as I could online, and one summer day I gathered up all my courage and went to visit. Of course, the first 10-15 minutes of being nude outside, with other people, made my heart pound in a mix of anxiety and excitement. But not for one minute was I ever uncomfortable.

Since then, I have researched and visited other nudist locations, and even became an AANR member. I joined this site in the hopes of finding other people to meet and chat with when I go to these locations. And I keep thinking of all the years I wasted, thinking I shouldn't be naked. If anything, nudism has given me the confidence I was lacking.

This post was edited

For me, it all started with my best friend who lived next door to me. We were about 9 and we would walk into each others house which is what you did where I grew up. At times I'd walk into his house and his dad would be sitting naked reading the paper. He did cover up a bit at first but finally stopped when he noticed I liked it. I would take my clothes off at his house and we'd play games, eat lunch etc. One time he took us camping and it was the first time I spent the whole day naked. First time swimming nude, sleeping nude and waking up with wood as if it were natural (who knew that it was). I've been hooked ever since. The ironic part is I grew up very roman catholic and my folks never knew; well, that I knew of anyways!

This post was edited

How you got into the lifsyle seems like a good first thread..I first got into nudism when I was 14, at that point I had already been sleeping naked for a few years, but sleeping naked doesn't make you a nudist. it was when I was 14 I started spending more time naked in my room then venturing out into the rest of the house when I was home alone. I had tried to bring the subject of nudism up to my parents at one point to see what they thought, didn't sound like they we care for it at all. so when I was 21 and moved out on my own, and that is also when I started going to nude beaches campgrounds & Resorts. now I'm almost married and I have a baby and still enjoying the nudist lifestyle. Now I am also looking forward to raising my son as a nudist from the beginning.looking forward to hearing people's responses, free to start some new threads guys :-)

Love to hear how you and your son are doing. My nephew wanted to come down to Florida and be home schooled; in the nude of course. Thanks

This post was edited

My realization of how nice it was to be nude was around age six. I found I liked sleeping nude. I was caught soon after by my mother and was forbidden to sleep with out underwear at least. When I married I continued to sleep in underwearbut when I had alone time at home I would go nude. It wasn't a subject my wife and I ever discussed but should have. Im sure she was aware of it all but never condoned or denied it. It was a trip to Florida we took after I retired that she mentioned we should look for a nude beach to cure my curiosity. We went to Apollo. I undressed and she eventually tried it before we left a short time later. We were hooked. Visited many times at Apollo, Playalinda and Haulover. Eventually joining Cypress Cove resort.

This post was edited

In the late 70's I got invited to go to Lake Powell,there were 3 couples. We just camped from the boat up and down the lake.when we made camp the first night the couple that owned the boat ,and the oldest ones there said they were going swimming, and promptly took off their clothes and went naked.I did too as did my lady friend and the other couple. It was about 100 degrees. It felt really good to swim naked. The first couple stayed naked and informed us all that they were going to stay naked as much as possible! We put our suits on, but I slept naked that night and in the morning just stayed naked.That next day everybody stayed naked and did for the entire 10 days, except for when we went to the marinas for supplies.
When I went to college about a month later, my roommate slept naked and went around the room naked and walked to the bathroom/shower room with nothing on.It was quite common in the dorms. When he saw me naked he commented on my great allover tan and wondered how I got it. I told him at Lake Powell. He invited me to go with him to the local nude beach, which I did.I have been a nudist for over 40 years now.

This post was edited