Sexual Orientation

When you view a nudist's profile here, is it important to know his/her sexual orientation? Does it matter if he/she is : Gay, Straight, Bi Sexual, Bi Curious?

This topic was edited
RE:Sexual Orientation

As I have experienced my share of homophobia online, I guess I relax a tiny bit more when I see that a person is gay, or bi, or bi-curious. But of course, most straight people are also okay... :-)

This post was edited

Doesn't matter to me I dont like labels...I'm just sexual...lol

This post was edited

It should not matter what sexual orientation you are, we are all nudist. What you do behind closed doors is your business only.

This post was edited

Every person has a unique sexual profile, and labels, like clothes, are primarily for other's demands rather than an expression of authenticity.

This post was edited

I'll chat and be friends with almost anyone, unless they have a blank profile and have been on TN for a year or more. Like anyone else I don't like labels but it is nice to know that I'm chatting with another gay man. Sometimes I chat about things only another gay man would know about so it's good to know in that situation. Otherwise I don't mind.

This post was edited

That is very sensible. Just wish everyone would believe it.

This post was edited

In reply to OP, no it does not matter to me whether a person identifies their orientation or puts NA. I love posts from people who have interesting stories to tell. I make that clear in my narrative profile. I am more inclined to read a profile in deciding whether and how to communicate with people on here.

I put my own orientation here so that the people who have clearly stated (in some cases screamed) their dislike of homosexuals categorically can bypass my profile. Nevertheless, one of the most strident on that topic requested friend status three times until I finally blocked her, out of sheer fatigue. So I stand by reading the narrative as a way to judge whether to friend, not look at pics and such.

This post was edited

Two people have refused to talk to me because I would not declare my sexual orientation. One was a straight man, the other a gay man.

Of the two, the gay man was the most crude about it. When I tried to deflect the question with a generic "it's complicated" answer he replied, (and I quote here) "No it's not. Either you like to suck ____ or you don't! So which is it?" I said I prefer not to say and he disconnected.

The straight guy was only slightly nicer. When I declined to say if I was gay or straight he said, "That tells me all I needed to know. Bye."

In both cases I couldn't be happier.

I'm here to meet and talk with as diverse a group of people as I can, especially people who are not like me. In almost every case I can find things in common and build on that and I learn so much more from having diverse friendships and conversations. The only people I really don't want to associate with are those who are so narrow minded they refuse to even talk with someone based on their sexual orientation.

To quote the one guy, that tells me "all I need to know" about that person.

This post was edited

Doesn't it make you wonder about the frustrations they have in their life and why they just can't have a civilized friendship and dialogue without it being sexually biased.
What prompts the apparent anger to create such a response?
People need to find happiness within themselves! Others should not be held responsible for their own inability to find inner peace.

This post was edited

You are not alone on this. I am a gay senior. I am also a social nudist and keep the two as separate as possible. I have many straight clothed and nudist friends. Yet, I have connected online with members that block me or refuse to even chat because I list myself as "gay" even though they have never met me in person. Or taken the time to chat online. A few have even said in their messages that a second reason was that I was "too old". Instead of being accepting and inclusive of all nudists, some seem to use this website as their personal morality site. I have no answer on how to correct it, but I don't think it is fair or what nudity is all about.

This post was edited