Norwegian, 47

Hi!

I'm happy to join this group.

I was 18 the first time I found a quiet part of the local beach, undressed and enjoyed the sun. (I had brought a camera, so I actually have photos of my first experience with nudism - how many can say that?)

Later, I have been to many nude beaches (including in Australia, Germany, Greece, Spain...) and to clothing optional hotels, clothing optional swimming pools. I've been to gay and straight beaches (and everything in between). But also, for much of the year I'm very much clothed - Norway is not good for all-year nudity...

I look forward to discussions in this group.

This topic was edited
RE:Norwegian, 47

Although nudity was no big deal at my school - showers and changing rooms, we were naturally naked - my first 'naturist' experience was similar to yours (but in hilly countryside: I grew up 100 km or more from the coast), though I had no camera with me, and it was still film and developing then, so nude shots were quite complicated.

The main question I have, however, is - you say you have early nude photos, but you're sharing no nude photos on this site. Why not? Why be ashamed?

I hope this might be one of the discussions you're looking forward to. Feel free!

This post was edited

Hi!

Indeed, in Norway, at least when I grew up, showers and changing rooms were areas where everybody was nude. So being nude with other boys/men was a very unvomplicated thing. Which I am happy about - today, there are tendencies that schools are building shower stalls to make it possible to avoid being seen naked by others. Of course, this is partly because of everyone carrying a camera (their phone) around, but still it's a bit sad.

In my youth, it was still film, and instead of handing it in to the local photo shop, I sent them to a developer by post, which was nerve-wrecking in itself... (But then on the other hand, there was no real worry about photos "leaking" and no temptation to share the photos with total strangers...)

Your main question, though, was "you say you have early nude photos, but you're sharing no nude photos on this site. Why not? Why be ashamed?"

The first reason is that although I registered five years ago, I only rediscovered this site a week ago or so. So it's still early days in my effort to find out if this is indeed a nice, friendly area.

Secondly, of course I want to say that shame does not enter into it. But I think it would be a lie. I notice that even as an openly gay man, I often hesitate before being open about being a nudist. I'm not ashamed of my body and I'm not ashamed of going to a nude beach and I'm not ashamed of having nude photos of myself, but still there are a number of people who I prefer don't know about all that - and particularly don't have my nude photos...

But it is a good question, and I guess my answer is just a tentative one.

This post was edited

Your main question, though, was "you say you have early nude photos, but you're sharing no nude photos on this site. Why not? Why be ashamed?"... But it is a good question, and I guess my answer is just a tentative one.

Question: Scandinavians often seem to be more concerned about what people think of them than feeling vulnerable if seen naked in a sociably acceptable situation. If you were in such a place, such as hotel sauna while on a business trip, which would you consider more awkward when you don't have a stitch to cover you: talking to or being seen by a total stranger?

BTW, my way of overcoming potential nudist shame (including professional which something I do care what people think), my public pix don't include my face but my friends only ones do.

This post was edited

Question: Scandinavians often seem to be more concerned about what people think of them than feeling vulnerable if seen naked in a sociably acceptable situation. If you were in such a place, such as hotel sauna while on a business trip, which would you consider more awkward when you don't have a stitch to cover you: talking to or being seen by a total stranger?

I for one certainly fit this stereotype. I do not care at all if I'm seen naked in a socially acceptable situation. For instance, this summer I went far into the woods, found a secluded lake and had a swim. Two minutes after I had jumped in, two women came by - probably they had planned to swim at that same spot. Instead, one of them just asked "Does it feel good?" and I answered "Yes!" Then they left. I was not embarrassed or feeling vulnerable about being seen naked, but was (as usual) worrying if I should have answered in a better way (whatever that might have been).

Also, I have been to naturist gay hotels. I have actually been naked by the swimming pool with lots of strangers around me, and worried whether they think it's strange that I just read a book instead of trying to talk to anyone. (The only solution I found to this was to remind myself that I was not there to care about what others thought, I was there to enjoy myself. So I read on...)

BTW, my way of overcoming potential nudist shame (including professional which something I do care what people think), my public pix don't include my face but my friends only ones do.
I will keep that in mind. But first I must try to figure out what "friend" means in here - "friend" is a different concept in every kind of social media...

This post was edited

I will keep that in mind. But first I must try to figure out what "friend" means in here - "friend" is a different concept in every kind of social media...
This is an excellent question which I recommend you post as a discussion to this group. You'll get wonderful insight and we'll all benefit. I could even do it for you if you consider it too attention seeking for a Norwegian and against the Law of Jante (Don't think you are anybody!).

As nudists we're all equal. Jante can either strip down and join the sweet camaraderie or shut up and leave.

This post was edited

I could even do it for you if you consider it too attention seeking for a Norwegian and against the Law of Jante (Don't think you are anybody!).

Sure, it would be nice if you post it as a question for the group. It would be interesting to read people's thoughts on this. So far, I'm in a beginner mood, and accept every friend request as a sign that people are friendly...

This post was edited