15 of the best nude beaches around the world

Do you agree with the list? Have you visited any of them?
Dare to bare: 15 of the world's best nude beaches

This topic was edited
RE:15 of the best nude beaches around the world

Of course, I would wish that I had visited all of them. Sadly, I have only visited one: Lady Jane Beach in Sydney. I do not remember it as particularly beautiful (but quite okay).

Interestingly enough, Lady Jane Beach is recommended for being secluded. Personally, I don't need seclusion. For instance, I think the Balmins beach in Sitges is great. It is very close to the center of the town, there is a city street passing right behind it, and this, of course, means that you can be on the beach, go have dinner in a restaurant (clothed) and then go back to have another nude swim. But if you want to get away from the busy city life, that's not the beach for you...

This post was edited

I'm glad that CNN included Little Beach, Maui, Hawaii. It's out of this world. As a matter of fact, I will be on my way to Little Beach in few hours :)

This post was edited

Lady Jane Beach is good but probably the worst of Sydney's beaches. Cobblers and Werrong are far better. Cobblers is close to the city and very relaxed. Werrong is a bit of a drive, but then a beautiful 40 min naked walk to an amazing secluded beach.
I'll be in Hawaii in two weeks. Hope to discover some great beaches there too.

This post was edited

Do you agree with the list? Have you visited any of them?Dare to bare: 15 of the world's best nude beaches

Crystal Crescent in NS is one of the great unknown and truly gorgeous nude beaches. The beach is actually three, with the farthest and the smallest being the nude beach. The water is cold, but aquamarine in colour, with powdery white sand. August and early September, the water is warm enough to swim. Just past, the coast turns to massive granite boulders and smooth granite crust, glacier worn. There is a hiking trail that goes for miles, along rugged, incredibly beautiful sea coast, with lots of nooks and crannies to be nude and sun in. No matter how far you go, there are still men nude off in the distance.

This post was edited

Do you agree with the list? Have you visited any of them?Dare to bare: 15 of the world's best nude beaches

Also, Hanlan's is nicer than wreck. The water at wreck is brown green, the sand isn't all that, and it faces an uglier part of Vancouver. The water is also brackish from the Fraser sometimes. It's loads of fun though but aesthetically, not there. Hanlan's is warmer water and fresh.

This post was edited

I've been to four of those beaches, and I enjoyed all of them (I keep returning to Haulover and Black's!). Lady Jane beach is great because you can take a ferry from downtown Sydney, but I found two beaches in Queensland which were more picturesque. Little Beach is beautiful and the water is swimmable.

I am surprised that a beach called Del Torn south of Tarragona in Spain is not mentioned. It's huge, clean, has services and has picturesque surroundings and mountain backdrop. The water is crystal clear and when I was there quite it was calm and warm (September). But I usually do like a more natural setting. Cityscape backgrounds and lots of people are interesting but in the end less appealing to me than a spectacular natural setting. That's why my favorite nude beach is unofficial, uninhabited and closer to home. Nice long strolls on clean sand. But only usable about 3 months of the year....

This post was edited

Unfortunately, I have only visited Australian nudist beaches & although Lady Jane is ok (at low tide), there are many more that I think are better here Down Under. In & close to Sydney, Cobblers, Obelisk, Little Congwong (unofficial), Werrong (if you want some exercize getting to & from) I think are better. There are many north & south, with my personal favourites being Samurai, Birdie & Kings. Maslins near Adelaide is famous & Swanbourne in Perth is good, too. If the Queensland government ever legalize nudist beaches in that backward state, go to Alexandra Bay. Victoria also has some good free beaches.
I would love to hear from other Aussies re their favourite nudist beaches.

This post was edited

Of that List, I've only been to Blacks Beach and Little Beach, and I agree that they are wonderful and deserve to be on anyone's list of top beaches! Another beach that I enjoy, and usually hit whenever I am in California, is Bonny Doon Beach. The nude section is not large, but very enjoya ble with the high cliffs above you and the great Pacific Surf crashing on the rocks and beach! Here is a photo of me in the surf at Bonny Doon!

This post was edited