RE:Most resent books read.

I finished reading "The Virgin Suicides" by Jeffery Eugenides published 1993, and , "Summer For The Gods (the scopes trial) by Edward J. Larson published 1999. Both were in formative reads.

This post was edited

I just finished reading "Avogadro Corp", by William Hertling, about an emergent artificial intelligence. It was OK, but I don't plan to buy the sequels. Another recent completion is "Airplane Photography", by Herbert Eugene Ives. It was written just after WWI, and covers the state of the art in aerial photography at that point.

Currently reading "Allan Quatermain", by H. Rider Haggard, an adventure tale set in central Africa with connections to many other Quatermain novels such as "She", "King Solomon's Mines", etc. Also reading "The German Aces Speak: World War II Through the Eyes of Four of the Luftwaffe's Most Important Commanders". As one would expect from the title, it's a set of interviews with top Luftwaffe WWII pilots. It's quite interesting.

This post was edited

I read "The Batting Cage" by Joan Ackermann, copyright 1999. A two act play about mourning the death of a twin sister. It was a very catty play.

This post was edited

I read "King Solomon's Mines" by H. Rider Haggard. Published 1885. The book has a similar theme with "How I found Livingstone" by Henry Morton Stanley published 1872 and "Heart Of Darkness by Joseph Conrad, published 1899.

A portrait of a Solosexual masturbator by Jason Armstrong

This post was edited

Naked Crow 5 by P Z Walker.

This post was edited

Noir by Christopher Moore.

Not a naturist/nudist thing, but a real hoot!

This post was edited

I just finished reading "Mission: Jimmy Stewart and the Fight for Europe", by Robert Matzen. It's a history of actor Jimmy Stewart's wartime service as a pilot and commander in the Eighth Air Force, flying B-24 bombers out of England. Quite good!

This post was edited

I completed "America's Longest War The United States And Vietnam 1950-1975". by George C. Herring. Published 2002. He did an excellent job of describing all the known and unknown facts. The book discussed opinions of presidents from F.D.R. and Truman and continued on with Kennedy , Johnson , and Nixon. Privately all felt the was un winnable: publicly they all felt a victory was possible. I highly recommend this book.

This post was edited

I just finished an ebook scan of "Fighting Germany's Spies" by French Strother. It's a recounting of German spy activities in the US during World War I, especially before the US became involved in the fighting. Germany did a lot of things that violated American neutrality in their efforts to prevent American munitions and aid from reaching England and its allies. This book describes the plots that were discovered and blocked by the efforts of the US Department of Justice.

This post was edited

I read "The line Becomes A river" by Francisco Cantu', copy wright 2018. It was a semi autographical account of the author's life before and after his five years of service with The United States Border Patrol. He discusses his opinions before and after his service time. This book had a similar theme to "Inside The Wire" by Erick Saar and Viveca Novak copyright 2005.

This post was edited