Anyone been to either beach recently?

Wondering about the red tide or fish kills? Anyone know the conditions there or where to find out?

This topic was edited
RE:Anyone been to either beach recently?

Apollo was perfect on the 12th. I have not heard anything from anyone I know down that way. Anyone else?

This post was edited

Thanks. I saw a news report last week with folks raking dead fish off Cocoa Beach, and a story about a dead dolphin at New Smyrna Beach, so would be good to hear that the beaches in between are ok.

This post was edited

Two days ago Orlando news reported red tied samples negative for the waters of New Smyrna and Ormond. They do show it in Brevard and satellite shows it blooming 100 miles off shore.
Its an unfortunate thing when it happens. I have lived a block off the ocean for nearly 20 years and remember it only happening once. Its awful - sneezing, itch watery eyes, and smells.
I'm afraid my outdoor nude times are done now till later March. :(

This post was edited

Wondering about the red tide or fish kills? Anyone know the conditions there or where to find out?

https://myfwc.com/REDTIDESTATUS

This post was edited

If you go to the web address above and click on the google earth link it shows the closest blooms to Playalinda are in the city of Cape Canaveral, if I'm reading it correctly.

This post was edited

Went went to Blind Creek yesterday (Sunday, the 28th). There were dead fish a plenty on the beach and we had burning throats and lungs so left after only 2 hours. We won't go back till things clear up.
FWC reports are good but they lag a few days behind. One thing for sure, the further north you go the better you are right now.

This post was edited

I was at Playalinda on Monday the 29th and there was no hint of any red tide or anything else. The beach and water were beautiful as was the weather!

This post was edited

Great to hear that no obvious problems were seen. I'm hoping to be at Apollo on Tues or Wed this next week. I experienced the red tide over on the Gulf side in August and no one would want to be around that. The smell due to dead fish/sea snake/sea weed/etc was bad enough - like a garbage dump. But the effect of the micro-organisms that cause the "red tide" to be so bad really do hurt the lungs, throat, and nose. We stuck it out in the general area for four days but couldn't go down to the beach to sit for more than just a few minutes and getting into the water was entirely out of the question. Sure is good to read that the red tide is leaving Apollo alone so far.

This post was edited

I was at Apollo today afternoon and no issues with red tide.

This post was edited

Is Apollo in the same area at Playalinda? I usually go to Lot 13. I read its at Lot 5. Can you confirm?

This post was edited