Cannabis and nudism:

I would like to know how people view cannabis on this website.
We are all Openly doing things that are illegal in certain situations(being nudists) so I kind of assumed and unspoken acceptance... I was wrong.
I had someone on this website tell me they wouldn't friend me because I use drugs. Well, I know they were referring to cannabis, but it made me ask a few questions of my own.
Does this person use caffeine, nicotine, aspirin, ibuprofen, alcohol? And if they don't I would really want to friend them so I can understand how to get through life without these things.
And the shame is, this person didn't take the time to realize, that I use cannabis instead of the half a dozen grade A narcotics that I was prescribed when I fell off of the roof and landed myself in a wheelchair.
If and that, when I find a better way, I will probably quit cannabis.

I'm truly interested in everyone's point of view on the subject.

This topic was edited
RE:Cannabis and nudism:

I dont see an issue with cannabis use in moderation. It is from the earth and I feel it has practical uses that some may resist because it is how they were raised. I dont fault them for their opinion because its theirs to have. If they dont want to be your friend because of that, well it likely wouldnt be a fruitful relationship. Sorry they rejected you. Its clearly their loss.

This post was edited

As a 'child' of the 70s when marijuana was very illegal and its use regularly prosecuted by the law; I view smoking marijuana as something you don't do. I had friends get 'toasted' to the extent that I think they're still out of it to this day. That being said...it is a drug and I believe it affects folks differently. I do believe its medical use needs much more exploration and research...and should be used to treat conditions such as yours. Just my two cents worth. John.

This post was edited

My wife nor I use. Years back we tried it. Neither of us found it to be our thing. But we have a few friends that do use and are welcome at our house. But like smoking please go outside. I will admit my wife and I have discussed the possibility of talking to a doctor regarding the health benefits for some of our medical problems.

This post was edited

I dont think there is any real link between cannabis and nudism at all, I dont think of nudism as being illegal, but even if it were its not in the same category as drugs.

I would always take prescribed pain relief from a doctor over cannabis. Im not qualified to go against their decision.

It wouldnt stop me friending anyone, but harder drugs would. Ive always been brought up to know that drugs are bad, when you see the situation some people are in down to drugs I dont have a reason to take the risk.

This post was edited

Problem with talking to doctors about cannabis is...they don't know anything.
As of now it is still left to the general public to figure out how to self medicate and self regulate the medicine. For me it changed my life I have things now that I could not on those other drugs. Never be afraid to ask questions

This post was edited

I love how you said the word "think" when referring to nudism as being illegal or not. Because that is very much how I feel about cannabis. Which then links the two very closely in my perspective.

This post was edited

I would like to start by saying I love this discussion.

The use of cannabis has been completely legalized in many states, and partially legalized in even more.
The reason behind cannabis being illegal is political. You can do your own research on that since you don't believe the work of anybody else.
Also there have been multiple unbias studies that prove cannabis and many of its components are actually good for the body. And have far fewer long-term side effects than opiates.

I don't expect you to believe me. I am just hoping it will Stark you on your own research.

Just by the way you have phrase your arguments I believe you to be a very intelligent person.
If more people independently research the actual results one would get from cannabis.
That person could see the advantages over taking 6 or 7 prescribed pills. There is no question to that.

This post was edited

Im definitely no expert in it at all, its just my opinion. I would never chose to use it for any purpose unless a qualified medical professional prescribed it. I just disagree with the point that cannabis use and nudism are linked at all.

Im interested in this point though - if more people independently research the actual results one would get from cannabis. That person could see the advantages over taking 6 or 7 prescribed pills. There is no question to that. -

Are you really suggesting that people try unproven drugs by themselves to see if the results are better than prescribed ones? Where do you draw the line, should people try other things too? If I got some heroin or crack should I try it out in place of legally prescribed drugs.

Whilst there may be some illegal drugs which may help with certain medical problems, the risks of things going wrong when self medicating are ludicrously high. Personally I wouldnt take the risk, I struggle to understand why others would.

This post was edited

Cannabis has been legalized Nation wide in Canada as of Nov 17, 2018 , You can buy it from Government stores just like alcohol.

This post was edited

In Colorado you can smoke pot legally just about any place you can be nude legally. Generally, out of sight of the public on private property. However, there is no connection between the two. No more so than alcohol and nudism. If anything I would like to believe that nudist respect their bodies a little more than the general population and do less of both.

This post was edited