Ughh...the (fill in the blank) is broken!!!

I guess it's happened to everyone but I just experienced my second RV repair. Not a big deal but I had water dripping out of the AC unit inside and had to fix it. It turned out...just a lady bug or something similar had stopped up the right side of the AC drip pan and it had over flowed inside the RV. After about an hour on top of the roof and a little work with a parts cleaner brush...it was draining just fine. Anybody else had something similar?

This topic was edited
RE:Ughh...the (fill in the blank) is broken!!!

Not with the A/C unit yet! Latest issue; the front left wheel is making some noise but was checked out and everything is looking good and working correctly, BUT, after our last trip up to Laguna del Sol, got home and the "grey water dump valve" is broken! ;ppppp (rasberries)

I've got replacements. Now all I have to do is get the unit here and replace both dump valves. Thankfully the Black water valve worked and that tank is clean! Whew!!!!! :DDDD

This post was edited

We have had our motorhome for about five years. We bought it in June 2013. The following April we brought it to Camping World for their 45 point inspection and to have two vent fans with integrated hoods and remote controls and two hoods for the other vents installed. The inspection found a gas leak where the rubber hose from the chassis to the slide was loose. That was a cheap fix. About two years later we noticed the couch was dragging the floor when moving the slide in or out. That turned out to be a design flaw in a bracket and was deemed a manufacturer defect. This was not covered by the extended warranty and the manufacturer warrantee had gone down the dump station when the dealer we bought it from rented it, $4,000 and one month later, it was repaired. March of this year we had the other slide repaired. The moisture barrier the manufacturer used under the slide floor looked like a black plastic garbage bag and had ripped. The result was the floor rotted out and rollers were pushing through the floor. This repair also was not covered by the extended warranty. This was $9,000 and another month. This years 45 point inspection found a defective circuit board in the refrigerator. This $150 repair was covered under the extended warranty.

By the way, the extended warranty will cover the slide mechanism, but only if it has been inspected within two years. Camping Worlds 45 point inspection covers that.

Bob

This post was edited

I just experienced my first interstate tire change...with the camper in tow...ouch. Actually, I got about as lucky as you can get with a tire change. We were running down I-10 about 1 mile from our exit (on the wrong side of the bridge) and the rear end started to 'bounce'. I didn't know if it was a tire or spring or what...but it wasn't a good feeling. After checking tires, axles, rims, you name it...found a RR tire that had developed a large bulge ( tire casing failing). The wife was placed as a spotter to watch for the errant motorists and we got to it. I carry a 2.5 ton floor jack in the camper, 4 way wrench in the tool box and numerous other tools. But...the spare did not want to come down, the jack was sinking in the cold asphalt and the camper was overpowering the jack (too much weight). I got lucky...I carry 12" X 12" 3/4" plywood squares for stabilization & used them to beef up the jack, put them under the trailer tongue lift and got the bad tire up quickly. The spare tire finally came down, I found the right lug wrench and the tire was changed before it started raining...YES. The real motto...prepare for all you can and hope for a little luck.

This post was edited

OK...it's me again. The awning motor has been getting slower & slower...checked the wires & looked for something obvious. Nothing...it was just getting slow and then it died. It's really an easy fix...check the on-line repair for Solera awning & order it from Amazon. The most difficult part was getting the cover off. The dirt dobbers had really made a mess of the screw holes. Other than that...just replace it. Remember to put a pair of vise grips on the awning shaft ( I used the 9 O'clock position) so you can get the awning back to its original position. But now...it's raining over here this weekend...oh well so much for the weekend trip. John

This post was edited