RE:did you all vote today?

I am one who is happy to have a divided Congress instead of one that is the same party as the president. Our system of checks and balances has not been working very well in much of my lifetime. It will take effort to make things work, but compromise is not a bad thing. It was what this country was founded on. Making law is a slow and tedious process and I am happy to have it that way.

I generally agree. Looking through history things tend to be better when there is a balance of power instead of one party controlling. The problem is that the word compromise seems to have been banished from Washington DC and replaced with my way or the highway. The politicians are also putting party first before their constituents. A few clips of various politicians speeches have clearly shown that.

It dont see it happening but we need a charismatic, intelligent, person not connected to either party to run on an independent platform of compromise. I dont really l8ke it but reality says this person would have to have a lot of available funds, thus another rich person. Both parties have good ideas but not everyone agrees so you compromise and come up with something that works and everyone agrees to. Nobody will be completely happy but thats how things get done.

This post was edited

"Why is it that nudist have to make such a big deal about being nude?Who cares what you were wearing or not wearing when you voted?Do you have to actually tell everyone that you were nude when you votes at home?It would actually be news if you were voting nude at a public polling station."Really! What is this obsession with doing everything while nude? It's comments like this that have the textiles believing that all nudists are a bunch of nuts. Casual nudity will never advance until the majority i.e., the textiles, begin to believe that nudity is neither abnormal or immoral. Do you think that the candidates that you voted for give a damn what you were wearing or not wearing?

Its comments and thinking like yours Mc Nut that have the textiles thinking that all nudists are a sick and perverted bunch.
May be if you were just a practicing nudists without announcing it to every other nudist the textiles would be just fine with it?
Its like people of religion that try to cram their own religion down your throats.
Just be a nudist and enjoy the lifestyle without feeling the need to defend it and promote it to us others that are doing the same.
Once again who really cares if you voted nude from home or you were fully clothed at a polling station?
Like our other friends have said the important thing is that we all voted clothed or naked.
The textiles will never ever get it so stop trying to defend your lifestyle to others.
We all get it and we all enjoy are choices, and a real nudist does not have to sell our lifestyle to one another.
So you were nude at home.
Who would care?
We are all nude at home.
Voting is the real story here.
Why throw in your choice of attire at the time?
And you then wonder why the textiles think that nudists are all sick and twisted.

This post was edited

"Why is it that nudist have to make such a big deal about being nude?Who cares what you were wearing or not wearing when you voted?Do you have to actually tell everyone that you were nude when you votes at home?It would actually be news if you were voting nude at a public polling station."Really! What is this obsession with doing everything while nude? It's comments like this that have the textiles believing that all nudists are a bunch of nuts. Casual nudity will never advance until the majority i.e., the textiles, begin to believe that nudity is neither abnormal or immoral. Do you think that the candidates that you voted for give a damn what you were wearing or not wearing?

[Nude York Couple[
Apparently,, I caused some confusion while attempting to state How much I agreed with your post .For this, I apologize.
For over one-half a century my approach to nudism has been Relax, take off your clothes and enjoy without offending anyone. I take exception with anyone who would cause nudists to be viewed as fanatics, a religion or a cult. To me, being a nudist is more a state of mind in that when the opportunity arises, there is nothing immoral or shameful about being nude in a social situation than being nude all of the time. I don't feel the need to tell everyone on this Forum every time I jump in the hot tub, naked.
I am sorry that when I referred to the" comments" it was mistakenly thought that I was referring to yours which I quoted. Quoted because I agreed with them.
By the way, I was fully clothed when I voted.
Sincerely,
Mc nut

This post was edited