Improve this site you people running it!!!

Hey you guys.
I've just joined this site and paid for the privilege and it is just AWFUL!
It doesn't WORK!
C'mon guys, get your act together!!
We are within our rights to demand a refund if you don't GET IT TOGETHER!

This topic was edited
RE:Improve this site you people running it!!!

I know your frustration .I understand that there are always hiccups when making upgrades. And if they are fixed I have some tolerance. But I am concerned that if the past reflects future lack of response to glitches that this site will continue to degrade.

For example. I have tried several times to sort my friends list like i used to be able to do, often to find a recent add, and found that the sort button does nothing. The last major upgrade we lost the ability to keep groups sorted. It now reverts back to original every time.

So I will wait and see , but honest don't have much hope that once something is lost it will come back

This post was edited

We're going through each bug and fixing them. No features will be lost permanently.

We hadn't planned on launching the update just yet, we had not fully tested it yet but other issues caused us to have to unfortunately. We apologize for the growing pains over the next few days as we fix each issue.

Thank you for your patience.

teamtrue2

This post was edited

Yes, there are a few lingering bugs that I'm working through now. Due to the abrupt update, some people still have previous javascript and css files cached. I'm launching a patch to ensure that those are cleared out, but in the meantime try clearing your cache or hitting Ctrl+F5.

That should resolve some of the issues.

This post was edited

Keep up the good work and thanks for what you do :-) Hawk

This post was edited

Teamtrue, you're doing a great job with this site. So many things don't go as planned with website upgrades, and I appreciate the hard work you do. You've always been very responsive whenever I reached out for assistance. It's a thankless job, but I say thank you very much.

This post was edited

I understand the frustration but I want to echo my friend Jim_Stark. I paid the full price for this site because I get a lot out of it and wanted to support it. We all have to realize that the site doesn't flood us with ads and the only revenue the owners get are from our fees. While I don't know for sure, many people haven't paid a nickle to the site. I applaud you for supporting the site through your payment. I don't know about you but I belong to other sites that cost a lot more and they also have bugs. It is the nature of technology. Finally, I personally have not had many of the issues that have been stated. While I have had some bugs, they haven't stopped my net enjoyment of it.

This post was edited

As far as I can tell the site is now back to normal again. I expect some essential maintenance had to be done - possibly a requirement from the hosting server and, as often happens there were problems.
They seem to have been sorted within 48 hours which is better than some banks have managed in similar circumstances occasionally depriving people of access to their money for a week or more.

This post was edited

Teamtrue, you're doing a great job with this site. So many things don't go as planned with website upgrades, and I appreciate the hard work you do. You've always been very responsive whenever I reached out for assistance. It's a thankless job, but I say thank you very much.

Exactly my thoughts :)

This post was edited

Completely agree!

This post was edited

As far as I can tell the site is now back to normal again. I expect some essential maintenance had to be done - possibly a requirement from the hosting server and, as often happens there were problems.They seem to have been sorted within 48 hours which is better than some banks have managed in similar circumstances occasionally depriving people of access to their money for a week or more.

Not quite... those of us that Moderate groups still don't have a "Approve Members" button, which means... many that are trying to join can't, if you have a Private Group.

This post was edited