Question...

To start I was raised Lutheran... I guess it's only a question if my beliefs are mainstream. So here we go...
God is all around us, lives within us, knows and sees all that we do and feel. When we reveal ourselves to God freely, honestly ask for forgiveness, do the best we can to do the best we can. God will forgive and accept us into eternal Bliss.

If that is true, and God lives inside of us.
Why isn't it common to remove the clothing, that hides our sins from one another, during church? Why Don't we expose our sins, and flesh, to each other IE God?.. In the Church itself.

What do we have to hide from each other that we not only get dressed but we put on our best?

It has just always felt like we were doing it wrong.

This topic was edited
RE:Question...

In my opinion, it is not God that some people see. Some people see temptation. Some people think that if you cover up, you remove the temptation and thus will not sin.

I think as you say, those people have it wrong. People are tempted with or without clothes. It is also written that God knows our thoughts where most sin happens. Covering up shovels nothing.

This post was edited

SO...
As I suspected, going to church is more about what other people see than it is about what God sees?

This post was edited

That depends: Who are you there to impress? Other people or God?

If it's between you and God, then it doesn't matter what the rest of the world thinks.

This post was edited

SO...As I suspected, going to church is more about what other people see than it is about what God sees?

Going to church is about Worship and obedience because we are to assemble together with like believers. This is to help us stay strong in the Lord and encourage each other with testimonies. The issue I see at some churches is when people are ostracized for not dressing in the manner they deem appropriate or when they worship in a different way. Its is not encouraging when someone tells you that "we don't ware that here" or "that's not how we do things here" God knows our inner thoughts and could care less what we are wearing so long as we are worshiping Him.

This post was edited

so why are we not nude as the Lord sees us?

This post was edited

so why are we not nude as the Lord sees us?

I dont think the Lord sees us clothed or nude. He sees our heart and knows our thoughts. So long as we have a heart for worship, He overlooks our sinful thoughts and deeds.

And to Bker44 point. People can be just as distracted by what people are wearing as they can with people in different stages of undress. At my church, if a women comes in with a new fancy hat, that will be all that people are talking about and miss the point of the sermon all together.

This post was edited