vulnerability

Vulnerability is the greatest gift you have to give and is as precious as pure gold. We are so defended that diminished presence is all that most people have to offer to others.

Presenting yourself nude to another person should be honored as an undefended expression of human presence and seen as an invitation to respond in kind. Nudity does not guarantee vulnerability, authenticity, trust and surrender, and is not the only way to achieve these desirable traits but is a powerful influence to move in that direction. It cuts through the distractions and superficial cultural barriers to open the door for more authentic human encounter. Most people have not done the inner work necessary to take the risk, so those who can meet you this way are rare and precious, and worthy of all honor and respect. What is more valuable than those with whom you can share solidarity in vulnerability?

This topic was edited
RE:vulnerability

Beautifully put. I completely agree that - although one can put on a social pose even when naked - nudity is a great support for the effort to be real and open and vulnerable.

This post was edited

Quote: Nudity does not guarantee vulnerability, authenticity, trust and surrender, and is not the only way to achieve these desirable traits but is a powerful influence to move in that direction.

Vulnerability and openness are the feelings I get when naked and the aspects I like the most. The vulnerability is heightened when walking away from my clothing and possessions - say on a hike or going down the beach.
When naked we have nothing hidden. Fellow nudists see parts of me that others don't see. With my piercings and tattoos they see aspects of my character. And, when nude, I don't hide my personality either.

This post was edited

Eloquently worded thoughts for all who partake in the Nudist lifestyle. Making ourselves vulnerable to others acknowledges our common humanity and equality. The openness we share with our fellow Nudists certainly enriches everyone's life experiences. Would that all share that vulnerability, especially those in positions of power, there might be unimagined benefits for all humanity.

This post was edited

thanks for the well written thoughts.

I would add that where i have noticed this being true the most is after i have invited someone that I barely know to soak in the hot tub.
Often it is after dark and we even though we strip inside then we step outside and get into the water. The fact that we are bare and close, closer than a conversation in a normal room, adds to the truthfulness of the conversation.

This post was edited
a follow up

last night a former coworker of mine came here for dinner. We honestly did not know each other that well and it had been three years since we even worked together. I fixed a home cooked meal and showed him around my house. I have numerous tasteful pics of me clearly nude, but not full frontal. When he saw them he flat out asked if I am a nudist. I did not hesitate to say yes. I then suggested a hot tub soak and he started to say, I did not bring anything to wear and in mid sentence said " duh, nude is how we are going to soak right?" I said yes, as i stripped out of my clothes. He followed suit. We had over an hour long soak, sharing stories and our life experiences being very open and honest with each other. I mentioned to him this very post about nudity is a equalizer and allows us to make ourselves vulnerable to each other. He readily agreed.

When we got out, he did get dressed right away in preparation to leave, but i stayed bare and next time we meet up I will be bare from the get go.

This post was edited

Vulnerability is the greatest gift you have to give and is as precious as pure gold. We are so defended that diminished presence is all that most people have to offer to others.Presenting yourself nude to another person should be honored as an undefended expression of human presence and seen as an invitation to respond in kind. Nudity does not guarantee vulnerability, authenticity, trust and surrender, and is not the only way to achieve these desirable traits but is a powerful influence to move in that direction. It cuts through the distractions and superficial cultural barriers to open the door for more authentic human encounter. Most people have not done the inner work necessary to take the risk, so those who can meet you this way are rare and precious, and worthy of all honor and respect. What is more valuable than those with whom you can share solidarity in vulnerability?

I am learning that I am gentle, loving open and kind....that this is masculine in a deep way, and being this way for and with other men is really amazing love the way you express this here, it speaks to me and beings me to the space of this deep sharing.

This post was edited

I agree that nudity is the great equalizer whereby we have nothing to hide behind. When I was getting used to the idea of nudism and overcoming learned body shame, this was a great lesson. Now that it's a no brainer to take off my clothes, I differentiate the idea of external and internal nudity. How can I be vulnerable and show myself in my authentic truth to others? With or without clothes? It's a simple question but isn't always a simple answer.
It comes down to vulnerability of the heart. If we cover our hearts, we become numbed to life and love. When we are vulnerable, we can be couragous. Courage comes from a naked heart.

This post was edited