RE:Naturism/nudity and sex/sexuality.

Nudists are just like anyone else the only difference being we live life without clothes. Do I notice good looking people in public nudist settings? Sure. The same way I notice them in settings were everyone is clothed, and I don't get an erection in either situation because I'm not using my brain in a sexual manner. The brain is the largest sex organ, without it your penis can't do ANYTHING. That being said, I practice sexuality just as much as any other average guy. Since I'm always naked at home I also happen to always be naked when doing anything sexual. On an average day in no particular order I might wake up, exercise, swim, shower, write, watch TV, use the internet, do something sexual , play video games, use the internet, paint, read a book, watch TV, and go to bed all without wearing a single man-made thing. Being a nudist is a LIFESTYLE that encompasses every aspect of living. Just the same as many guys are clothed when doing sexual things at home I just happen to be naked because I'm always naked anyway. Being naked does not cause one to suddenly feel sexual or get an erection in mixed company with other nudists just because they're naked. It's using the brain (thinking) sexually that puts people in such a mood and it works regardless of whether you're clothed or not.

Hello, thanks for your reply to this discussion. You have hit the nail on the head with your words, the brain is the biggest sexual organ, it takes more than the penis to actually cause arousal in men. Any one of us could see/meet someone in a nudist setting and be stopped dead in our tracks, because that person in front of you, in your eyes, is beautiful, does that mean because that person is beautiful to you or myself that we get an instant erection, No it does not, as we at that moment in time are not thinking of the obvious, we are looking at a vision of beauty.

I feel that some people on here, associate what I have just said in the above paragraph as having to mean I want to take this person to bed and boogie with them, when it means nothing of the sort. Arousal, even in the nudist setting is not about erections or even guys having them, it's comes from something that stimulates your mind, not your loins, when you see a stunning view from a mountain, do you as a male stand there erect because that sight is amazing ? No you don't.

My actual point since starting this was simply about the fact that as either male or female, sex and sexuality are part of all of us, being naked alone or with others does not change that. The act of sex and sexual arousal are different in that your both aiming for a specific goal at the end of that encounter. As naked people we do not stop being sexual, our sexuality does not define our libido or the people that we are, they co-exist as part of a whole, not individual pieces, we are not jigsaw puzzles, we are whole and defined entities.

This post was edited

Being naked does not cause one to suddenly feel sexual or get an erection in mixed company with other nudists just because they're naked. It's using the brain (thinking) sexually that puts people in such a mood and it works regardless of whether you're clothed or not.

I think this is the key point. It's not like people are running around with raging boners at a singles bar or when they hit the club if they find someone attractive. Seeing someone naked can be exciting in a more cerebral way, but unless I was 15 again, I don't think I'd randomly get an erection.

I mean, I've seen some amazingly attractive people, both clothed and naked, and it's more like appreciating art than purely sexual (although there is an aspect there).

This post was edited

I am going to read every single reply on every single page of this, the greatest thread I have stumbled upon here yet. Likely the most important one; it certainly could be argued.

Meantime, I will just say this: I keep hearing over and over and over and over about the tedious attempts to bring sexuality into the nudist world. From where I stand with my sometimes erect penis, it isn't hald as tedious as the endless badgering that people do to one another within this community. It's damn near a spiritual castration, and I'll have none of it, myself.

I understand the concept of inappropriate behavior, but I also refuse to be made into an emotional eunuch and pretend that I have no sexual drives at all. On the contrary, I'm going to celebrate my sexuality as the wonderful gift that it is - just like my body itself.

For the life of me, I don't understand how we can be so schizophrenic about the whole thing. We turn right around and do the same bullshit moralizing about sexuality that the world at large does about the nudity.

It's a bit like the gay folks who turn around and say that bisexuals aren't real, or that transgender people don't have the same right to dignity at as they do.

Your body is beautiful. Your sexuality is, too. Embrace them both in a responsible way, and let that be the guide for your children. Openness and honesty is the way. Suppression never works, at least not in any healthy way.

This post was edited

Hello everyone,I am starting this topic because of some of the things I read in the MEN'S ROOM forum. I realise that some won't agree with me on this topic, and I welcome constructive comments from all of you. As human beings, we are all different. But a few things that are the same for everyone is sex (the act or thinking about it), sexuality (the part that makes us who we are), whether that be straight, gay, bi, or anything in between. Some people on here see more than they need to when questions are asked.When any nudist/naturist visits a nude beach/resort/spa/camp ground etc. We are all going to see other naked people that we will like the look of, we are naked after all ! Now that does not mean that you are going to walk about with an erection or swollen labia, erect nipples etc. Sex and sexuality are part and parcel of all of us, more so in a nude setting as you are seeing that person at their most vulnerable, but also their most beautiful. You can not tell me that as men or women that you will not find someone sexually attractive in that setting, even if you are in a relationship with someone and you are there together.Those of us that are more mature are able to keep control of certain parts of our anatomy (men), but that does not stop any of us from thinking about someone sexually, even in the naturist setting. Naturism/nudity is not some form of shrine based activity that means sex get's left at the front gate when you walk into the place.If you deny nudity as not being a part of being a sexual person, then you are lying to yourself and humanity as a whole. As I see it from my point of view, sex/nudity are both part of naturism as a whole unit. A persons sexuality defines who they are as an individual. You can't deny that sex is not a part of being a naked human being. If that was the case then we should be devoid of all emotions and feelings. It's about whether or not you act on those feelings or just accept that they are there and part of you, the person.I know that there are certain people on here that will not agree with anything I have said above and they are welcome to have their say.Well said...

Thank you.

This post was edited

I am going to read every single reply on every single page of this, the greatest thread I have stumbled upon here yet. Likely the most important one; it certainly could be argued.Meantime, I will just say this: I keep hearing over and over and over and over about the tedious attempts to bring sexuality into the nudist world. From where I stand with my sometimes erect penis, it isn't hald as tedious as the endless badgering that people do to one another within this community. It's damn near a spiritual castration, and I'll have none of it, myself.I understand the concept of inappropriate behavior, but I also refuse to be made into an emotional eunuch and pretend that I have no sexual drives at all. On the contrary, I'm going to celebrate my sexuality as the wonderful gift that it is - just like my body itself.For the life of me, I don't understand how we can be so schizophrenic about the whole thing. We turn right around and do the same bullshit moralizing about sexuality that the world at large does about the nudity.It's a bit like the gay folks who turn around and say that bisexuals aren't real, or that transgender people don't have the same right to dignity at as they do.Your body is beautiful. Your sexuality is, too. Embrace them both in a responsible way, and let that be the guide for your children. Openness and honesty is the way. Suppression never works, at least not in any healthy way.

Thank you for your words. Everything you stated there is true.

This post was edited