Book Recommendations

I'm currently reading "The Templar Mission" by Zena Halpern who just recently passed away at the age of 88. She was featured quite a bit on HISTORY's "The Curse of Oak Island". I'm 10 percent into the book and so far its been very interesting! Very well researched.

This topic was edited
RE:Book Recommendations

i will make a note of that title always looking for new authors and subject matter

This post was edited

Randall Sullivan formerly of Rolling Stone Magazine has a new book out dealing exclusively with Oak Island. That one is on my reading list for this winter.

This post was edited

I am going to the book store next week . Thanks

This post was edited

I finished "The Lesions Of History" by Will and Ariel Durant. Published in 1968. The cover one hundred centuries in one hundred pages. The book is extremely thought provoking .

This post was edited

I've got their "History of Civilization" series. They're very good writers.

This post was edited

Are the recommendations suggested here for Non-Fiction books or open to recommendations for Fiction titles? For a non-fiction recommendation I would offer Boys in the Boat by Daniel James Brown. Its the story of the group of young men who formed a rowing team that beat the Ivy League rowing teams to represent the United States at the 1936 Olympic Games in Berlin (aka the Nazi Games)

This post was edited

I don't see any reason why fiction recommendations would be out of line here, so have at it! I'll second your recommendation of The Boys in the Boat - it was quite good, and gave a good feel for just how hard that sport is.

This post was edited

"The Middle Passage" by James Hollis published 1993: was a quick read about experiencing Midlife based on Carol Jung's concept of individualism and our commitment to others.

This post was edited

The Boys in the Boat is one of the best books I have read. And I am an avid reader. The story is inspiring and the author does a wonderful job bringing it to life. AFTER reading it look up the newsreel clip of the actual race. It is online.

This post was edited

I recommend you read "Civilisation" by Kenneth Clark. Published in 1968.

This post was edited