RE:Introductions

I've been a card carrying nudist since about 1997.

For me I guess the apple didn't fall far from the tree. My father wasn't a card carrying "nudist" but we was occasionally naked around the house leaving a trail of clothes starting at the door when he came home.

I became interested in the nudist lifestyle when I was still in grade school. I saw an article on TV about one of the local nudist resorts here in FL where I eventually moved. (The postal worker was refusing to enter the property to deliver the mail.) I was interested in the idea of a community were people were naked 24/7.

But it was actually a few years after I moved to FL before I got involved. A friend, who lived at one of the other area nudist resorts at the time, invited me to go sailing. Since I had to stop at his place on the way to the boat it gave me an opportunity to experience the nudist lifestyle. And of course once the boat left the dock all the clothes came off.

From there I was hooked. I became a member of one of the local mainstream resorts, I also joined a local all male nudist group which had monthly events as well as an international all male organization that has annual gatherings with upwards of 500 attendees over the course of a week.

Beyond that, I'm active on various social media sites to, among other things, connect with other nudists and particularly people of color. Though I admit the latter is often more of a challenge.

This post was edited

Hi Paul.

Nice to meet you NudeFl.

This post was edited

Thanks for sharing such a detailed introduction NudeFL you have been an advocate for representation of people of color in naturism and I hope you will bring that experience and thought to this group as well Welcome,

This post was edited

Glad to be apart of the group and looking forward to meeting others.

Hi JMS,
Welcome to the group!

This post was edited

Hello Guys.I'm Paul from Poland.I'm not black or brown, so I'm glad that you've taken me into the group after all.

Hi Paul,
Welcome to the group!

This post was edited

I've been a card carrying nudist since about 1997.

Hi Joey,
Welcome to the group!
By the way, I think we met at the GNI Gathering in 2000.

This post was edited

Hello. Nudist here from the Tampa area.

Hi Blknudist66,
Welcome to the group! It's good to see you here. :)

This post was edited

Blknudist66 Welcome to bare black and brown thank you for sharing your introduction. Surprised to know there arent more naturist activities in Tampa area that you could meet more friends. Sounds like you should start something!

This post was edited

Central Florida (i.e.; the I-4 corridor from Tampa Bay to Orlando) is known as the naturist capital.
There are multiple nudist resorts just north of Tampa in Pasco county, Cypress Cove Resort near Orlando and Playlinda (clothing optional) beach near Cape Canaveral. (There's also an unofficial clothing optional island that is only accessible by boat off the coast near Tampa.)

There's lots of opportunities to get naked. But, to quote a song from "Avenue Q", you have to get off your couch.

The challenge, particularly for black and brown people, is finding establishments or groups where you feel comfortable. There's always the catch-22 of being one of few if not the only POC because more POC don't attend not wanting to be the only one.

To meet individuals there's always the challenge of hosting or finding someone to host. Meeting at a resort / beach is easy. But not everyone is comfortable inviting a stranger or going to a stranger's home to get naked.

There are groups like the Black Naturists Association (https://www.blacknaturistsassociation.com/) but they're not organized locally to Tampa.

This post was edited

There's lots of opportunities to get naked. But, to quote a song from "Avenue Q", you have to get off your couch.The challenge, particularly for black and brown people, is finding establishments or groups where you feel comfortable.

Thanks for sharing that info. This is how I hope we can support each other in pursuing naturism.

This post was edited