Whats the worst that can happen if you open up about your nudism?

As I get more and more bold with my nudism I began to wonder what the consequences (if any) were for you. Was there a price to pay? Any regrets?

The purpose of the discussion is not to look at the dark side, but to show what real world consequences people here have endured. Im thinking school, work, business and social connections that were (or were not) impacted. Im betting the good outcomes mentioned here will outweigh the bad.

This topic was edited
RE:Whats the worst that can happen if you open up about your nudism?

The only consequences that I've experienced is paying a higher price for and a limited number of clothing optional accommodations when I travel for pleasure.

I'm not nude in public, where its not allowed, so I don't suffer any consequences by being nude at home or where it is allowed. I have on many occasions witnessed or dealt with prudish people who were not comfortable with nudity. I don't discuss my textile free lifestyle with co-workers or with anyone that I'm not friends with. To "suffer" consequences implies that one is going nude when they shouldn't or discussing it when they shouldn't. One has to remember that for many many people, nudity and sex are one and the same. You cant have one without the other. While everyone, well almost, talks about sex, in private, discussing nudity with someone not your friend may make them uncomfortable or even seem like a come on.

The key to a consequence free nudist lifestyle is to practice it responsibly.

This post was edited

I need to self correct about nudism and consequences. Some activities should never be done nude.

Frying Bacon
Hiking through Saw Palmetto
Picking Blackberries
Bee keeping
Welding
Pulling out Poison Ivy
Handling hostile sharp clawed critters.
Sparklers
Drilling metal overhead.
etc

Some of this Ive learned from experience...... :)

This post was edited

A lot of my textile friends know I love nudism and have visited nude beaches. Most, if not all, reply with curiosity and confess that they too have been to nude beaches or going to one is on their bucket list. While beaches seem to be a common desire, living full time nude is not a concept that is easily understood by most textiles.

This post was edited

All I can say is that nothing bad will happen to me because everyone I know already knows that I am a nudistnaturist whatever they wanna call me.

This post was edited

I am concerned about my job. I work for a big company and I really don't think they could fire me if the knew, but don't care to take chances.
There are some of my co-workers that I feel I could trust but never really sure.
I do have what I call my "test the waters" line!
When someone may ask "how you doing today" I'll respond, "nothing lying naked on a beach wouldn't fix!" Then see what comes back.
I learn real quick if it's ever a topic to bring up again.
I don't worry about them taking me seriously because the ones I'm closest to already know I have a colorful sense of humor and will usually laugh.....or not! :-)
There initial comeback is a real tell though!

This post was edited

In my experience nudity has given me no negative consequences. Only positive things have come from nudity and good people I have met.

This post was edited

I wish my position was easier. I am in a highly public office where I must get re-elected every 3 years to continue what I do. Living in the Bible Belt of Texas finding acceptance for nudism is few and far between. I do drop little innuendos around my personal friends and co works. I think most are met with lol type responses since most people who know me know Im pretty much an eccentric, easy goin person anyway. One thing Ive always kept in my head is nothing stays a secret forever. Someday Ill face my situation and hope and pray I can weather the storm. I know its all up to my Gods plan so I just follow his lead. I have met great friends from being a nudist and from this site and Im very grateful for everyone and their hospitality.

This post was edited

I was fortunate at work. Most knew of my nudist life and I never experienced any negative repercussions about it from co workers, both male and female, and supervisors. So, work was not an issue for me. Our girls knew and soon after they became serious with their soon to be husbands, they knew as well. Our grandkids began to realize that Granma and Granpa were always naked when they came to stay. They finally understood and all was good for us.

My wife had job concerns but she wouldn't have been fired over it. If anything, we'd lose a couple of textile friends, friends we've had for decades. I don't think they'd never speak to us again but I can see a couple of them making excuses not to be around us ever again. Like I've told my wife, "if that happens, they weren't good friends anyway!" Chances are, they already know through some of my FB page likes and such but no in depth conversations have taken place.

Worse that could have happened was that our girls, SIL's and grandkids shunned us but that didn't happen.

This post was edited

All I can say is that it wouldn't be good for my business. If and when I retire than I wouldn't care who knew.

This post was edited

I've lived in other places where you can just strip off your clothes with no one noticing or caring, and I wish that were the case here.

I would like to know where those places are. I'm a world traveler, and I haven't found a place like that.

This post was edited